Lollar Teisco pickups coming soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R.Madgwick View Post
    I wasn't trying to condescend by any means. 275 is a good price on a nice clean one, does it have the striped pick guard? No, it's solid from what I remember What's the body shape like? Sort of like a Strat only without all the sexy curves, I think
    -Rob

Comment

This one? Teisco: Spectrum 2 - chachainsaw's Pictures | Ultimate-Guitar.Com late 60's early 70's and probably one of the better built ones from that era

Comment

It was a lot like this.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Teisco+Guitar+with+Pair+Gold+Foil+Pickups+in+Austin+TX+for+$95.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	4.0 KB
ID:	829042

-Rob

Comment

Must resist more guitars I had one like that a while ago, well the spectrum I can't 100% if they're the same but its def one of the most normal bodies for tiescos.

Comment

I bet if you called the store and asked, they would take pictures and send them to you.

It is (or was) in the music booth near the front counter. I would do it but I am just not up for walking there and back today.

-Rob

Comment

I bet those pickups would work great in one of these!

Model 1478 | Silvertone

(Reissue of the Harmony/Silvertone 1478
              It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
              www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

I put the CooderCaster together for Ry in 1990 or so when I was working at Westwood Music.

That pickup just has a flat steel plate with the six polepieces; the plate doesn't wrap around the coil in any way. The coil is paper wrapped...they must have wound between removable flanges much as I wound the earliest Alembic pickups...and pre-Alembic pickups...bobbinless.

Of course, the odd thing about that guitar is that with the National/Supro pickup, you really have two pickup positions...neck or bridge...because on the N/S pickup, the bottom three strings are out of phase from the top three, so if you try to combine two pickups, you have your choice...bottom three strings out of phase or top three.

These are very efficient pickups being close to pancake coils where even the farthest turns from the strings are pretty close.

Comment

I have been keeping my eye out for a good set of gold foil pickups on the cheap. I have one old Norma guitar that has the cheaper (non DeArmond pictured on far left) gold foil and it still sounds great. I would love to hear the original in person. Here is a shot of my current collection of Teisco / Norma / whatever guitars.

Click image for larger version

Name:	9183815235_bac6f8c7af_b.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	570.6 KB
ID:	830024
                  My Builds:
                  5E3 Deluxe Build
                  5F1 Champ Build
                  6G15 Reverb Unit Build

Comment

Working...
                  X