Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People hear with thier eyes!

Les Paul "Developing the Electric Guitar" (Web 69) - YouTube
    Now Trending: China has found a way to turn stupidity into money!

I love that story. I read it in a Guitar Player interview years ago and recounted it in an interview I did for a college on-line class called History of Rock & Roll, but seeing the interview is special. We do hear with our eyes.

Comment

This is why blind testing is so important in audio! If you're "hearing" with your eyes, then you're not even doing audio. If you want to really understand what something sounds like, you have to close your eyes, get rid of your preconceptions and rely only on the sound waves going into your ears.

Or you can use the very same data to argue that blind testing is pointless because the reality is that your critics and customers will hear with their eyes anyway.
      "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Conner View Post
        This is why blind testing is so important in audio!
        I can't help but look at what I'm working on. Yet I can always tell when some change sounds better or worse, I trust my ears.
        Like Les making the body out of a log, knowing it would sustain like the piece of track. He didn't need someone behind a curtain playing his "Log" and an hollowbody to confirm what he heard.
        Now Trending: China has found a way to turn stupidity into money!

Comment

I wonder if , after playing his 'log' at the club, whether or not word got out of what Les was up to.
          That may be another explanation for the response of the second go round.
          Not to take away from the Post Header, simply a thought.

Comment

Working...
          X