Dogear cover variations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dogear cover variations

Does anyone know if there is a dogear cover available that is relatively straight (i.e., like a bridge cover) or barely tapered (not dramtically) that is about 8mm tall from bottom to top of cover (outside)? It seems like most aftermarket bridge covers are around 10mm, and most neck covers are either too radically tapered or are cut down too much top to bottom. I have an early 70s clear bobbin P90 on a weird-a** SG guitar that I picked up, with a black bridge dogear cover on it that I think is older, that measures just a little over 10mm top to bottom. Problem is, to get the action down to where I want it on the high E side (@ 1/16"), the string hits the cover if I fret the guitar anywhere above around the 12th fret. There is around 1.5 to 2mm of free space between the top of the bobbin and the inside of the cover, so if I could find a slightly shallower cover, it would fix the whole situation. I thought about putting the cover on a belt sander (bottom) but I think to get it where I need it, I'd end up taking the ears right off.

Any ideas?
Working...
X