Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DB Tech 42-12 and Opera Live 402

Hi there,

I have these 2 x DB technologies products (out of warranty) on my bench, both with intermittent problems. Getting schematics from these guys is like trying to get blood out of a stone. . . AAaargh!!! :-/

Could some kind soul please post either or both please?

TIA

BTW. I find getting schematics from most companies a real pain and it keeps my customers waiting a lot longer than they had planned. Apart from google and this forum how does one go about getting schematics? There must be a faster way yes?

thanks again

Trevor C

Hi jstbrowsin,

Don’t despair; I will help you by bloodless way.

Opera Live schematics are too big for uploading here.
    For this reason send me your private e-mail for delivery.

Whether your 42-12 is the MS42 series powered mixer?
    If so, I will upload complete information.

Comment

Thanks doctor,

I'll PM you now. . .
      sorry I guess I should have mentioned the 42-12 is a FOH PA powered bin 2x12 + 3" horn.

Cheers,
      Trevor

Comment

bump!! still need schematics for DB Tech 42-12 please.

Comment

Hi doctor,
          I too am in a similar situation, you appear to be the one with a solution. I have a 402 on my bench with bad neg. high voltage. I would also like access to the schematics so I can trace the culpret causing the excessive current in this unit.
          Much apperciated,
          Asp Tech

Comment

Dear Doctor,

I am in the same position as jstbrowsin, I am struggling with a Opera 405D, a 2 way powered speaker with a high voltage(28volts DC) at the woofer terminals. I do not have the schematic but the Digipro 1000 schematic you sent was of help in identifying certain components which are similar. I guest the Opera live schematic you have can be very similar to the Opera 405D or will help to narrow down the circuit very much. Dear Doc, I will be very grateful if you could forward me this Opera live schematic. You have been a lot of help to me so far.

My email :- "carlosraj7@yahoo.co.uk"

Thanks

Carlosraj

Comment

As I wrote before, schematics for new "digital" powered speakers (having suffix "D" at the end) manufacturer does not supply even to authorized laboratories.

Comment

OK Doctor, but what about the schematics which jstbrownsin requested. I guest even though it is a different model, the schematic and components used might be related, as I am unable to trace a 16 pin SMD on my Opera which is just marked as "AEB DPI 016P". The schematic you have might have similar components. I have matched this SMD with the one on the Digipro 1000 and the one which Jazz P Bass suggested. The one on the Digipro is IRS20957 and the one Jazz suggested is IRs20955s. When I matched this 2 SMDs with the one on my Opera, There are similarities as follows:-

Pin 5 and 12 not used
                Pin 4 is ground
                Pin 14 connects to Gate of High mosfet
                Pin 10 connects to Gate of Low mosfet
                Pin 13 connects to S of High mosfet
                Pin 9 connects to S of Low mosfet

I am not sure of the other pins. Can I use either of the SMDs as a replacement. If you can send me the schematics you sent to jstbrownsin, I feel the schematic can be of guidance.

Thanks

Carlosraj

Comment

Hi Doctor,

I also have a DB Opera Live 402 which is in need of repair, and would really appreciate a schematic - let me know if it is ok to PM you with my email (never particularly comfortable with posting my email in forums!).

Thanks - Henry

Comment

Working...
                  X