No announcement yet.

Looking for some 5E3 Literature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder if Neil Young & Billy Gibbons would consider bringing their 5E3's to the profesor to be modded? . . . I thought it was intresting that in the end it took their "Engineeres" a hundred & sixty hours of labor to assemble the kit. I know that included the testing but Damm thats a long time to build a 5e3.
    Resistors not Transistors !

Comment

Well put Bruce.

"I felt many of the article's negative complaints about the 5E3 in general are the very heart and soul of the amp which arguably, made it one of the most fun, copied and sought after amps ever."

Right on!

Comment

Imagine reading that article while hearing Neil Young on the radio....

It just happend over here.

Imagine it will be the only written article about 5E3s to be found after WW III........

No more rock 'n roll for eons.

Can't such guys just buy a Roland Jazz Chorus for God sake

Wish I could find a 12AY7 LOL LOL

Back to distorted overdriven sounds!
        Love, peace & loudness,
        Chris
        http://www.CMWamps.com

Comment

Hey Bruce! Zuzu's 5E3

Bruce,

Zuzu just bought a nice Taylor acoustic and we ran it through his 5E3. It didn't have the frequency response we needed, so we modified the amp according to the nice student's recommendations to get rid of the uneven nidrange, and extend the high end. What gives? The highs still aren't coming out! Could that have something to do with the speaker? Do we need to add a tweeter? Could we just set a horn on top?
          Can we add about a dozen switches that switch between original values and modified values (or one giant multi-switch) that will make it turn from it's original blues tone into a hi-fi machine? Do we have to reverse all this? I'm sorry we wasted all that time, if this isn't going to work.
          Golly, I thought we were on to something!

Brad1

PS....just kidding

Comment

Bruce - Tell us how you really feel!

"JEEZE LOUISE!
            What load of totally unecessary BULLS**T!"

I love it. I stumbled over this paper at the Weber site a week or two ago and being a PE decided to see how my fellows drinking at the "trough of the fountain of sacred knowledge" would handle the glaring defects manifest in the 5E3.

I was not dissapointed. What honest engineer could resist eliminating the tube amp entirely? What could sound better than a Strat or an LP or an ES-335 uncorrupted by tubes, all forms of distortion and the horror of non-linear frequency response?

I could nit-pick, but I won't. I enjoyed the article in a semi-perverse sort of way but not nearly as much as I enjoy playing my Mission 5E3.

Bruce - May the wind be at your back, may you live long and prosper, may you keep pounding those drums.

Keep the beads, baby,

RM

Comment

Working...
            X