Hexaphonic Pickup Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Corvus View Post
    Yes that's the way the end modules with 8 XLR or 8 TRS connectors are wired, but couldn't anyone could do their own wiring scheme if they're using a terminal block or breakout box at one end?
    Indeed you can. That is exactly what we did in the prototype.
    Joel de Guzman
    Cycfi Research

Comment

• Hey. Just wanted to check in here and say hello... I haven't posted in this forum since '08. Got an email today saying someone tried to log in as me with the wrong password too many times and were blocked, so I thought it would make sense to post something in case they're ever successful and post crazy stuff posing as me. I'm putting this in this thread only because it has the most recent mention of me. So if you see anything posted under my name that seems unprofessional, don't believe it.

While I'm here...
      This is an interesting project, and I think any comparison between your pickups and mine is apples and oranges. You're going for flat response; I'm going for (more or less) traditional guitar tone.
      I have some new things, like my HC-series coils, and am developing a slide-under-the-strings passive hex pickup that can go near the bridge for better separation and less drop-off when string bending. I won't say more on that here-- it's not my intention to hijack your thread.

Best of luck,
      Paul R

Here's the email I got from admin.

Dear ubertar,

Someone has tried to log into your account on Music Electronics Forum with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 176.10.99.205

All the best,
      Music Electronics Forum

Comment

• 176.10.99.205 is a TOR gateway

176.10.99.205 IP Address Whois | DomainTools.com

Comment

• I got the same thing a while back.
          You need to change your password.
          I did and never had anymore trouble.
          http://music-electronics-forum.com/t38648/
          T
          "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
          Terry

Comment

• Just changed it. I don't think that would stop them from trying, but it should make it harder for them to succeed. Probably just a spambot. Anyway, hopefully that's that. Let's get back to cycfi's project. I really didn't want to hijack the thread.

Comment

Working...
            X