This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attachment Issues

All Attachments that were parked on the Forum are Gone.
    All Pictures and PDFs that were on the Forum Server Are at Present, GONE!
    Only attachments that have been added in the last day or two are probably OK.
    This is according to tboy.
    Hopefully he can recover them from backup, but that remains to be seen.
    Any attachment that was parked on another server, and was just a web link should be OK.
    All of the PDFs and Pictures that I had in the BC resources thread are at present gone.
    All of those files are backed up on my Computer.
    As time permits, I will start putting it all back.
    T
    Last edited by big_teee; 04-20-2013, 04:19 PM.
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

AFICT the board isn't storing new images either:

http://music-electronics-forum.com/t32799/
    "Stand back, I'm holding a calculator." - chinrest

"I happen to have an original 1955 Stratocaster! The neck and body have been replaced with top quality Warmoth parts, I upgraded the hardware and put in custom, hand wound pickups. It's fabulous. There's nothing like that vintage tone or owning an original." - Chuck H

Comment

I haven't tried yet, but hopefully I can start putting the Pickup Specs, and Pickup building instructions back in.

T
      "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
      Terry

Comment

Originally posted by bob p View Post
        AFICT the board isn't storing new images either:

http://music-electronics-forum.com/t32799/
        Should be storing new stuff, I attached a pdf in that other post and it worked.
        Here's an image: Click image for larger version

Name:	pepcoguts.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	828724
        Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Interesting. >> This post << has an embedded uploaded picture that won't display. You can tell by doing a "reply with quote" and you'll see that there's supposed to be an embedded attachment that isn't being displayed.

So I think the problem isn't quite solved.

http://music-electronics-forum.com/t32799/#post299535

"I happen to have an original 1955 Stratocaster! The neck and body have been replaced with top quality Warmoth parts, I upgraded the hardware and put in custom, hand wound pickups. It's fabulous. There's nothing like that vintage tone or owning an original." - Chuck H

Comment

Bob, was that a "fresh" upload from today? Can you try another? Can you see the pic embedded in post #4? I can see it in #4 but not in your post #5.
            I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
              All of those files are backed up on my Computer.
              As time permits, I will start putting it all back.
              T
              The one thing I remember from the "Engineering Economics" class I took a million years ago is this:
              Sometimes, the best course of action is to do nothing.

Maybe wait a while before doing all that work- it might (hopefully) become unnecessary.
              DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!

Comment

Originally posted by g-one View Post
                Bob, was that a "fresh" upload from today? Can you try another? Can you see the pic embedded in post #4? I can see it in #4 but not in your post #5.
                I can see your pic in post 4 but not my fresh upload in post 5. here it is again:

Attachment should be visible here:
                Click image for larger version

Name:	super_twin_reverb_schem.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	263.1 KB
ID:	828727

Comment

I'll try again with two images of different sizes:

Insert 53 kb graphic here:

Name:	6l6gc_p7.gif
Views:	1
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	828728

Insert 135 kb graphic here:

Name:	heath-aa-13.png
Views:	2
Size:	132.4 KB
ID:	828729

I can see the first graphic but not the second. Interestingly, the larger graphic that is not being displayed is a graphic that I had previously used in forum threads prior to the loss of images by the site. It would seem that the board is accepting uploads of many sizes, but is only displaying images that are below a threshold size. The result is that some uploads aren't being shown. Maybe a better way to configure the site would be to prohibit the larger uploads from being accepted, since they're not going to be displayed anyway.

Comment

Here's a bigger jpg (355kb) Click image for larger version

Name:	OM-27_schematics.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	354.5 KB
ID:	828733
                    Appears to me to work. So I would think both Bob's problems (attachment size, and not seeing the secret forum posts) have to do with permissions on his profile.

Comment

Well, I can see your 300+ kb attachment, but not my smaller attachment. It appears that something has happened to my account such that: A) I cannot view images that I upload if they are larger than a threshold size, though I can view your images that are equally large or larger; and B) I cannot view some threads that you can read. This is a recent change that just happened. I haven't been contacted by anyone, so this is either a configuration problem with the software or I'm on double-secret probation.

Comment

Well, I can see your 300+ kb attachment, but not my smaller attachment. It appears that something has happened to my account such that: A) I cannot view images that I upload if they are larger than a threshold size
                        It's not just you that can't view them, I can't see your larger attachments either.

B) I cannot view some threads that you can read. This is a recent change that just happened. I haven't been contacted by anyone, so this is either a configuration problem with the software or I'm on double-secret probation.
                        Well, I better check your profile to see how many infractions you have
                        Ok, zero infractions, all clear on that front .

Comment

Originally posted by g-one View Post
                          Well, I better check your profile to see how many infractions you have
                          Ok, zero infractions, all clear on that front .
                          Maybe you can't see double-secret list of my infractions?

Comment

I deleted one and put it back, and it looks just like it did?
                            So there must be other issues.
                            Hopefully tboy can find the problem.
                            T
                            Last edited by big_teee; 04-17-2013, 03:22 AM.
                            Terry

Comment

I reattached a picture, just to see if I could get it to work.
                              It is there and you can read it, but it doesn't show the thumbnail.
                              Just says attachment.
                              http://music-electronics-forum.com/t32472/#post299823
                              post 71.
                              Still Dazed and Confused?
                              Terry

Comment

Working...
                              X