Any info on FBT Promaxx14a?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any info on FBT Promaxx14a?

Hello. We sold a used pair of FBT Promaxx 14a's to a guy a year or so ago, and now it seems they are in failure mode. We would like to help him out
    but we cannot locate a schematic of the amp.

I know that they are Class D amps and I have not much experience with that type of switcher...but I have a pro tech friend that has, and could help if we had the schematic
    and circuit info.

Also, I cannot interpret fully what the indicator lights are trying to tell us since the online manual is pretty terse about that subject. On one unit both red lamps are flashing in sync
    and teh other both red lights go on during power up then stay off. I dont hear anything when a mixer is driving the units, but one unit crackles when it is powered off.

Any info would help. Thanks

Have you tried to contact FBT USA?
    800-333-9383
    Email: fbtusa@sbcglobal.net

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
      Have you tried to contact FBT USA?
      800-333-9383
      Email: fbtusa@sbcglobal.net

The music shop where my shop is located said they have been trying but get no response. I sent in a request via their webpage yesterday, and so far no response.

Comment

I got ahold of Dennis at FBT today.
        He is contacting the parent company in Italy for schematics.
        Maybe we'll have them by Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
          I got ahold of Dennis at FBT today.
          He is contacting the parent company in Italy for schematics.
          Maybe we'll have them by Friday.
          Much Appreciated. Thanks. That sounds promising. From what I have read online, these units are cut up to be quite robust... Am anxious to figure out why we have 2 failures.

Comment

As usual, the best way to contact a company is by telephone.
            Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

They sent me the scheme whithin 2 days.
              Turn around from Italy.
              They asked that I not post it.

Comment

I contacted FBT directly and after describing the situation to the right person, the good folks there came up with a great solution to the problem. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by fredcapo View Post
                  I contacted FBT directly and after describing the situation to the right person, the good folks there came up with a great solution to the problem. Thanks
                  *Please* tell us
                  Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

gostaria de receber o esquema do amplificador da fbt promaxx
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	1069807_584528704901711_581157829_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	829652

Comment

FBT determined the the units were still under warranty and sent us replacement amplifier modules. In general, however, I don't get a good feeling about class D equipment and would not recommend any class D equipment to friends.

Comment

eu tenho varios fbt promaxx e stagemaxx, por enquanto só parou um, mas estou avaliando ainda, colocando para trabalhar em vários eventos.

google
                        I have some fbt PROMAXX and StageMaxX for now with only one problem, but I'm still evaluating, setting to work on several events.

Comment

FBTx MITUS & PROMAXX

Hello
                          Attached Files

Comment

One of the FBT Pro MAxx 14a just came in today.

It has an intermittant fault. It turns on, works for a while then cuts out out. Peak light stays on.
                            Quite a bit of a nasty loudish bang on turn off. Turn back on it works for a while again.
                            Fault repeats.

Is there any known faults on this? Faulty capacitors dry joints maybe?

I presume it could be something with the input board.

Will investigate more.

Comment

I have zero experience with this amp.
                              But....I have seen faulty + or - low voltage power rails turn the clip light on.
                              Which will also stop the amp from working.

Comment

Working...
                              X