No announcement yet.

Traynor YGM-3 Add Adjustable Bias

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the response. I think the 0.1 will be right for the strat bottom end,
    and presence resister is likely ditched. I added a pot to the feedback loop of my '60 Champ and like that a lot, so this may also go into the Traynor at some point.

It's raining lakes at the moment and my truck is in the shop, but I think I will get a vehicle and pick it up today anyway. Likely a bit to big for my large bike, even with rack and sissy bar. At least not in the rain.

I'd love to load it up with Mullards. Even wearing my Mullard T-Shirt today.

Comment

The tone of an amp is very subjective. I tend most often play a tele or an esquire- both have relatively weak pickups. With the .1 cap that the amp came with, the low end was such that you could feel the bottom end in your pant legs with the bass control just about off, stock! The .01 is a good fix for that. I think I saw a writeup someplace that with the .1 cap in place, the frequency response of the amplifier on the low end is something ridiculously low, I think it was at or around 10Hz! Much to low for a guitar amp. You could probably get a Rickenbacker to fart the speaker with the stock cap value. You will love it though- especially working on it- The removable top is the biggest blessing. I wish all amps were put together the way the Traynor is.

Comment

I have a couple of those things and I love 'em. Sold one I should have kept. One of mine is a 4x8, baby buggy cab, and it just roars!
        Really not well thought out layout tho, PITA to work on, jumper wires everywhere and no logic to the placing of the components.
        If yours have closed cabs with screw-on backs, take a few min and pull the back off the speaker compartment. It'll blow you away and most any stock DR too.

Charlie

Comment

Hi everyone. I'm working on my own YGM-3 and want to see if I've wired up this variable bias pot correctly.

Comment

It could be.
            "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Working...
            X