No announcement yet.

Solder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

David, by the time your recordings have matured sufficiently to quell any digital glossy artifacts you won't have a chance of comparing apples to apples. Only a Studer 1/2 track on virgin 1960's tape will do but you knew that already.

Comment

Originally posted by David King View Post
      David, by the time your recordings have matured sufficiently to quell any digital glossy artifacts you won't have a chance of comparing apples to apples. Only a Studer 1/2 track on virgin 1960's tape will do but you knew that already.
      Digital is the way! I have nothing analog in my recording chain. Analog adds artifacts. That's why we use tube amps.
      It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
      www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Hmm,
        I don't remember seeing your posts about your digital pickups There's always something analogue in every signal chain.

Comment

Originally posted by David King View Post
          Hmm,
          I don't remember seeing your posts about your digital pickups There's always something analogue in every signal chain.
          There's something analog about reading too...

Read what I said:

I have nothing analog in my recording chain.
          Did I say "signal chain"? Can you record audio with your analog pickups?

So just to be clear… at the other end of the cable from my bass, is a analog to digital interface. From that point on the signal path is all digital, through a digital mixer and connected to my computer via S/PDIF coax.

So what you hear is the signal from the bass with nothing coloring that, unless I want to color it.
          It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
          www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Working...
          X