No announcement yet.

Schematic for a Line 6 Flextone III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am new here and I know this is an OLD thread but I have a Line 6 Flextone III 1x12 and have a problem I am hoping can be fixed. The problem is the amp has no sound at all and all it does is act like a light show with all the lights flashing like crazy. I am hoping someone can help me as I don't really know exactly what to look for or where. I have repaired amps and guitar pedals before but not line 6 products. I thought maybe some one has had this same problem and might be able to shed some information. Thanks to all for information and help.

Comment

About the only thing you can easily check on these beasts is the power supply.

So start there.

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post

So start there.
        How do I check that? Keep in mind all I have is a digital multimeter. Thanks.

Comment

I have sound Now My speaker was bad and I didn't realize it (Dumb I didn't think of that before). The lights still flash like the 4th of July light show I have attached a picture of what controls work and don't work. Green Works Red BadClick image for larger version

Name:	Line 6 Controls.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	832205 Any and all help that may fix this is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

Have you tried the factory reset? Should be in the owners manual. You will lose any saved presets.
            Originally posted by Enzo
            I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by g-one View Post
              Have you tried the factory reset? Should be in the owners manual. You will lose any saved presets.
              Yes I have and it still does the same thing. I took the chassis apart and cleaned everything in there and that didn't even help. Could this be a bad control Board(front Board as line 6 refers it)?

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
                So start there.
                Have you verified your supply voltages?
                I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Have you verified your supply voltages?
                  How do I check that? Keep in mind all I have is a digital multimeter. Thanks.

Comment

BBBut you said you had repaired amps before .
                    Page 3 of the schematic shows various voltage regulators and what their voltages should be.
                    Not meaning to be rude, but if that is beyond your level of experience, you will need to take it to a tech. These are not easy amps to repair even for experienced techs.

Comment

BBBut you said you had repaired amps before .
                      Page 3 of the schematic shows various voltage regulators and what their voltages should be.
                      Not meaning to be rude, but if that is beyond your level of experience, you will need to take it to a tech. These are not easy amps to repair even for experienced techs.
                      Yeah I have but not line 6 amps . and have never had to test a power transformer. Its not that it is out of my experience level I am just being cautious and wanting to do it the right way. Where did you find the schematic? That would be very helpful.

Comment

Why are we jumping to the power transformer?

There are voltage regulators on the main board.

Check them.

The schematic is here: http://music-electronics-forum.com/a...schematics.pdf

Comment

Does the amp need to be on?

Comment

Try the procedures for troubleshooting they may help you track it down. You can get the actual attached files in post #9 of my thread on the III., It will look like whats below only active.
                            Attached Files Attached Files

File Type: pdf Line6 Flextone 3 Test Procedure.pdf (186.8 KB, 209 views)

Comment

Here's that test procedure Bob W. mentioned:
                              http://music-electronics-forum.com/a...-procedure.pdf

And yes, you will need to have the power on to test the regulator and supply voltages which are shown on page 3 of the schematic.

Comment

Your specific problem at the moment is LED's blinking, correct.

Page 10 of the schematic is the LED board.

I would find IC U1 & U2 & check that pin 16 is at +5Vdc.
                                Also, pin 10 should be at 3.3 Vdc.

Comment

Working...
                                X