1961 Reverberocket - DC power supply wiring question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1961 Reverberocket - DC power supply wiring question

Could really use some guidance from the group.

Been working on an original RR, built in 62, in perfect cosmetic condition. Lots of hum problems. Except for the hum, all was working well. Three prong installed and death cap removed prior to acquiring.

Changed out both the 20/20/20/20 450 and the 20/20/475. Made a wiring error which I know is on the 4 cap can connections and related to the 22K 1 watt wired across two can terminals. Having trouble tracing the wiring as most was glued to the chassis. I have both Ampeg's and Piazza's scematics.

Question/request -

Does anyone either have a few photos of the can connections or could point me to more of a point-to-point description of each of the 4 termination points.

Very much appreciate any guidance with this. If this helps, the pilot light stays on in both switch on/off positions. The filaments light up. That's it.

Thank you.

Neil.

Hi, if you could post the Ampeg schem that you have and some good, hi res shots of your power supply, folks here will be able to help you.

Some Ampegs wired the pilot light off the end of the B+ string (DC voltage) and others had it on the primary side of the PT, using AC voltage. Either way, it sounds like there is a wiring error there if yours is always on.

RWood

Comment

Is this the R-12R with 6V6's and 5Y3? Can you post the schematics you are using? From what I can tell, there are two 6SN7 tubes. Pin 5 of one goes to a 100K resistor, the other end of that resistor goes to a cap terminal. Pin5 of the other 6SN7 goes to a 47K which goes to another cap terminal. The 22K 1W will go between those two cap. terminals.
      As far as the heaters and pilot light staying on, the 3 prong conversion was probably not done correctly. The power switch should be in the hot line, not the neutral.
      Originally posted by Enzo
      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Working...
      X