Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't view any attachments or thumbnails??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't view any attachments or thumbnails??

Why can't I see any thumbnail attachments? I also can't download or view any PDF's either? What am I doing wrong? Any other forums I go on are fine.

Originally posted by daveode View Post
    Why can't I see any thumbnail attachments? I also can't download or view any PDF's either? What am I doing wrong? Any other forums I go on are fine.
    Same here.
    I have been trying to cleanup and put some of my attachments back.
    I can't load a new PDF?
    It's been about a month?
    Was hoping by now?
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

Comment

Oh ok. I did read your postings earlier about the PDF's but I still see people posting attachments and thumbnails like everything is fine. I guess not! This is a great place for schematics and I need to view a few for repairs.

Comment

The past few days, I cannot get anything to upload.
        Things where going fine for a while there.
        I sure wish we could get some kind of input from TBoy.

Comment

I'll try one: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2372.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	1.23 MB
ID:	828997
          Last edited by tboy; 05-12-2013, 08:04 PM. Reason: experimenting
          -tb

"If you're the only person I irritate with my choice of words today I'll be surprised" Chuck H.

Comment

I can see your attachment tboy! but does this mean all the older attachments are lost?

Comment

Also what about PDFs.
              I tried this morning and it acted like it loaded, but nothing was there.
              T
              "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
              Terry

Comment

PDF test: Sunn_1200s.pdf
                -tb

"If you're the only person I irritate with my choice of words today I'll be surprised" Chuck H.

Comment

What did you do, mine are working now. lol
                  What about all the old attachments in our profile, that we can't delete.
                  tboy, can you run a script or something, and blow those out for us?
                  T
                  Terry

Comment

Thanks, TBoy!

Comment

I still have a image attachment issue.
                      I have some Pictures I can't delete that don't work.
                      I changed the name of the image by one number, and reattached.
                      It still don't work.
                      What am I doing wrong, and how do I reattach an image that was used in the past?
                      Any Ideas?
                      T
                      Terry

Comment

It is not the name that needs to be changed, but the filesize (to the byte). What works for me is to open the file (with whatever program you use to view such files, ex. acrobat for pdf's, paint for jpeg's) then click "save" from the file menu (for windows). Then I choose "yes" when asked if I want to overwrite the file.
                        Now the newly "re-saved" file is slightly different in size from the original, and will no longer match the "dead" marker in your attachments folder, so it will work.
                        Sorry if it sounds confusing, the key is that the filesize (in bytes) must be different than the original was in your attachments folder.
                        http://music-electronics-forum.com/t32799-2/#post300098
                        Originally posted by Enzo
                        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Working...
                        X