Crown LPS800 schematic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crown LPS800 schematic

I am looking for a schematic for the LPS800 Crown's low cost series. I have one with a number of burned parts and have no identification on them. Thanks
    Stan

The LPS800, 1500 & 2500 where all based on the same chassis.
    Here is what I have.
    (oddly it reads as Phonic.)
    See if it helps.
    Attached Files

Comment

Thank you Jazz
      The amp looks like Phonic and has none of the Crown circuit traditions so it must be a OEM purchase and rebranding.
      Just after I posted the request I traced the circuit to see what was doing what and calculated expected values for the 3 resistors and 4 caps that were burned to cinders. I replaced a shorted Zener. The amp is now working but I see from the schematic that one of the calculated values is far enough off to warrant replacing it with the exact value.
      The circuit is not like any Crown so the only thing "Crownish" about it is the name in the front. I am sure it is low cost but tests well. Although distortion is as low as most Crowns it has some high frequency noise over 30khz that has a broad peak at 45khz, 57 db down that is not typical for Crown. But otherwise it looks good on the instruments. For intermittent duty it is probably a good value.
      Thanks again for the print.

Comment

Working...
      X