Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JCM 800 2204 Self oscillation problem

Hi Guys;

I have a Marshall JCM 800 2204 with horizontal inputs (pcb mounted pots and jacks). I changed the original transformers with Hammond 1750N OT and 290GX PT. Please watch the video and help me for this issue. My amp self oscillating!

it was much worse before i changed the grid stoppers 5,6K to 220K and reduce negative feedback. This version is much better.

What can i do? Please help me. I have digital multimeter and scope. I guess i read 11KHZ as oscillation frequency.

Thanks a lot.

Self Oscillation Okan - YouTube

Is this your amp or are you repairing it for someone? It would help a lot to know the history. Did the amp always do this or did it start after some repair or modification?
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

I am amateur for this applications and i have a small workshop room t my home. I am repairing it for my friend. But someone had tried to fix the amp before me. And he messed up. I changed the transformers completely by a new ones.

Comment

Since you replaced the output tranformer, perhaps you have the primary leads reversed?

DOn't reduce the negative feedback, disconnect it entirely. Now what does the amp do? Removing the NFB removes the phase requirement and would stop hard-wired feedback oscillation.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
          Since you replaced the output tranformer, perhaps you have the primary leads reversed?

DOn't reduce the negative feedback, disconnect it entirely. Now what does the amp do? Removing the NFB removes the phase requirement and would stop hard-wired feedback oscillation.
          https://www.tube-town.net/ttstore/im...ges/2205_1.jpg

I swapped OT primers (blue and red) and the oscillation stopped.

Comment

Now that you have stopped the oscillation, you can go back to the stock values for the feedback and gridstoppers.
            Originally posted by Enzo
            I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Working...
            X