Humbucker mounting screw (holes)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humbucker mounting screw (holes)

As I understand it, a typical humbucker mounting screw is 3-48 (size 3 48 threads) ...but once I strayed away from fasteners based on a decimal system (you Yanks are having a bit of laugh hanging onto imperial!) I started glazing over - can anyone link me to some nuts to fit pickup mounting screws? (cos a search on ebay for 3-48 nuts drew a blank!)
    Last edited by peskywinnets; 05-21-2013, 09:30 PM.

I use 3-48s, and I also use 4-40 stainless.
    I have a tap that I enlarge the screws with.
    I will look around on the web for some Nuts to fit.
    T
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

Comment

Originally posted by peskywinnets View Post
      As I understand it, a typical humbucker mounting screw is 3-48 (size 3 48 threads) ...but once I strayed away from fasteners based on a decimal system (you Yanks are having a bit of laugh hanging onto imperial!) I started glazing over - can anyone link me to some nuts to fit pickup mounting screws? (cos a search on ebay for 3-42 nuts drew a blank!)
      PM sent
      "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

Thanks guys...actually I must have done a typo when I searched ebay cos in fact there are some on there (none in the UK though!)

#3-48 Hex Machine Screw Nuts Steel Zinc Plated (200) | eBay

but EEEK! .....£18p&p (about $28) to send 200 tiny nuts to the UK....I thought you lot had decommissioned the space shuttle - but it's clearly still used to ship small pickup screw nuts around the world!
        Last edited by peskywinnets; 05-22-2013, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X