Where Can I Post My Boast??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where Can I Post My Boast??

After a full spool of purple plain enamel 42 awg wasted (as well as a few other parts), I finally wound my way to a pair of completed PAF style humbuckers for my SG Standard. The neck came in to a perfect 7.20k and bridge nailed a perfect 7.95k. Without having a gauss reading gadget yet, I went through a dozen or so bar mag combos including A2, 3, 4, & 5 - smooth and rough casts and gotta tell ya ... it was a major toss up between A2 & A4 but; the A2zz won!

Where can I post some dry, flat sound clips? I will demo through a Fender Hot Rod deVille 4x12 (60w), a 50W Marshall head & 2X12 Weber cab with his version of JBL D120zz, and, a 100w Marshall head with matching Greenback cabs. I will use my 2005 SG Standard for which these pups were intended.

I got bored with the 57zz I had in there and at my age, buying new pickups for any of my arsenal anymore would be just plain idiotic. Gotta thank you guys and this forum for gettin' me hooked on this winding/building thang!
    Where can I post these clips I'm gonna make?

Cool! Congratulations. Here's a place that you can post your clips. https://soundcloud.com/

Comment

Originally posted by old guy View Post
      After a full spool of purple plain enamel 42 awg wasted (as well as a few other parts), I finally wound my way to a pair of completed PAF style humbuckers for my SG Standard. The neck came in to a perfect 7.20k and bridge nailed a perfect 7.95k. Without having a gauss reading gadget yet, I went through a dozen or so bar mag combos including A2, 3, 4, & 5 - smooth and rough casts and gotta tell ya ... it was a major toss up between A2 & A4 but; the A2zz won!

Where can I post some dry, flat sound clips? I will demo through a Fender Hot Rod deVille 4x12 (60w), a 50W Marshall head & 2X12 Weber cab with his version of JBL D120zz, and, a 100w Marshall head with matching Greenback cabs. I will use my 2005 SG Standard for which these pups were intended.

I got bored with the 57zz I had in there and at my age, buying new pickups for any of my arsenal anymore would be just plain idiotic. Gotta thank you guys and this forum for gettin' me hooked on this winding/building thang!
      Where can I post these clips I'm gonna make?
      Some of the guys here do Youtube Vids, and post Links To Them.
      Good Luck,
      T
      "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
      Terry

Comment

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
        Some of the guys here do Youtube Vids, and post Links To Them.
        Good Luck,
        T
        Ain't got a camera to do that although, I'd sure like to 'upload' a few things to voice my views. Thanks for the 'Soundcloud' tip ... I'll check it out.

Comment

Thanks for the 'Soundcloud' tip ... I'll check it out.
          Soundcloud is pretty cool. A free account gives you 2 hours worth of uploads that you can arrange in up to 3 sets. Unlike other hosting services there is no MB limit so you can upload your clips in lossless format like WAV, FLAC or OGG. MP3 uses lossy compression- I think of it like listening to a song on a radio compared to listening to the actual album. MP3's are cool for portable players but I don't consider them to be high fidelity. And once a file has been converted into an MP3 don't even try to edit it.

Most digital recorders give you the option to record in MP3 format and you might think that it will save you an extra step but I recommend recording WAV files (24 bit/96khz if possible) and editing them with a digital audio editor like Audacity (free). After editing them you can generate MP3 files for sharing, but be sure to keep the original files in WAV format.

Audacity: Free Audio Editor and Recorder

Soundclick supports AIFF, WAVE, FLAC, OGG, MP2, MP3, AAC, AMR and WMA files.

Good luck!

Steve Ahola
          The Blue Guitar
          www.blueguitar.org
          Some recordings:
          https://soundcloud.com/sssteeve/sets...e-blue-guitar/

Comment

Originally posted by Steve A. View Post
            Soundcloud is pretty cool. A free account gives you 2 hours worth of uploads that you can arrange in up to 3 sets. Unlike other hosting services there is no MB limit so you can upload your clips in lossless format like WAV, FLAC or OGG. MP3 uses lossy compression- I think of it like listening to a song on a radio compared to listening to the actual album. MP3's are cool for portable players but I don't consider them to be high fidelity. And once a file has been converted into an MP3 don't even try to edit it.

Most digital recorders give you the option to record in MP3 format and you might think that it will save you an extra step but I recommend recording WAV files (24 bit/96khz if possible) and editing them with a digital audio editor like Audacity (free). After editing them you can generate MP3 files for sharing, but be sure to keep the original files in WAV format.

Audacity: Free Audio Editor and Recorder

Soundclick supports AIFF, WAVE, FLAC, OGG, MP2, MP3, AAC, AMR and WMA files.

Good luck!

Steve Ahola
            Thanks Steve, for the great explanation! I signed up yesterday so now, I gotta get my butt 30 miles south to the studio where I can crank it and print to memory card !

Comment

Don't forget about the Pickup Makers Showcase.

-Rob

Comment

Thanks Steve, for the great explanation! I signed up yesterday so now, I gotta get my butt 30 miles south to the studio where I can crank it and print to memory card !
                One warning about Soundcloud: they screw around with privacy settings just like Facebook. I uploaded some sound samples to my "Not Ready For Prime Time" folder and specified that they be private which means that you need the exact link to access them- they do not show up on site searches. However I went back and found that they had made everything on my page public.

Steve
                The Blue Guitar
                www.blueguitar.org
                Some recordings:
                https://soundcloud.com/sssteeve/sets...e-blue-guitar/

Comment

Originally posted by rhgwynn View Post
                  Don't forget about the Pickup Makers Showcase.

-Rob
                  10/4 Rob ... I'll do that when I get a few more builds. Right now, being a Newb, I think it's more beginners luck is what I'm having

Comment

Originally posted by Steve A. View Post
                    One warning about Soundcloud: they screw around with privacy settings just like Facebook. I uploaded some sound samples to my "Not Ready For Prime Time" folder and specified that they be private which means that you need the exact link to access them- they do not show up on site searches. However I went back and found that they had made everything on my page public.

Steve
                    Thanks for that info Steve! That's exactly why I don't belong to any internet social media activities but for a couple forums. I've posted 2 sound clips of 4 assembled pickups. It's easy and is a 'neat' thing, however; no pertinent info or pictures of my life would ever be posted. Hell ... they already know who you are by your I.P. address - just like everyone else.

The entire internet thing is nothing but a DATA COLLECTION BASE - that why it was planted here, given to us and everybody else ... and the absolute truth of the matter will continue to unfold until there's nothing left but the serfs and the one world government. "Keep 'em busy with toys .. by the time they look up, it'll be too late!"

Don't forget ... there never was an 'absolute truth', until now.

Comment

Working...
                    X