George L's Speaker cables ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George L's Speaker cables ?

Anyone trust the quick connect cable ends that George L has ? I purchased one cable with these ends, and glad I checked it before I used it. The resistance was erratic ,and very high at times. I tried reworking it ,but still didn't get it to zero. I'll stick with soldered end cables.

I have no familiarity with the boutique cable/connector offerings. They've always seemed so overpriced that I've never bothered to even become familiar with them.

I like the old-school test equipment connections, like screw-down binding posts and screw-down banana plugs and banana jacks. Those are very easy to revise on the spot with a pocket knife if something should fail -- just cut the end off of the wire, strip it, and bolt it down. Simple connectors like Switchcraft phone jacks/plugs work well, but it's not as easy to revise them on the spot if they should fail, so you need to carry a spare cable. For me, speed and ease of repair with simple tools is an important consideration. YMMV.
    "Stand back, I'm holding a calculator." - chinrest

"I happen to have an original 1955 Stratocaster! The neck and body have been replaced with top quality Warmoth parts, I upgraded the hardware and put in custom, hand wound pickups. It's fabulous. There's nothing like that vintage tone or owning an original." - Chuck H

Comment

I don't trust anything that ain't solder'd. I just don't....
      The farmer takes a wife, the barber takes a pole....

Comment

Working...
      X