Farfisa compact organ.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farfisa compact organ.

I don't post on here that much because i can generally find the problem without bugging you guys about it. I have a Farfisa compact organ in here that really needs to have a good cleaning. I've been looking at it and for the life of me, i can't seem to find the contacts for the keys. When you push down on certain keys you get a really weak kinda' scratchy sound that fluctuates in volume . Like the contacts need to be cleaned. The problem is, i don't know what to look for. On the bottom of the organ i pulled off a cover and under it was some linkage that moves with the keys but the linkage goes into a hole in something else that i can't see the inside of. Anyone who has knowledge of these , if you can, please tell me what i'm supposed to be looking for. I've not found any pictures of the key contacts. Maybe i should just start spraying deoxit and hope for the best. Any help would be useful. Thanks.

Maybe this blog will help.
    Combo Organ Projects: Farfisa Compact Combo KEY CONTACT CLEANING
    And the schematic.
    Farfisa Compact Duo Schematics ? Farfisa.org

Comment

Thanks jazz P. As usual you're a life saver. Does this cleaning method work for all Farfisa organs. Mine is a little different then the pictures but i think the cleaning should be pretty much the same. I haven't removed it from the case yet but it looks like i've got to do that first. I can see part of the key assembly with the bottom cover removed but i think that isn't good enough. My wife said i should have turned this away but what the heck, i like fixing things like this. Breaks the boredom of working on amps.

Comment

Working...
      X