No announcement yet.

marshall dsl 401

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great, even better, get the real part for cheaper than the cobble parts.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Ok-- good news-- the OT is good !! I clipped in one from a working dsl401 and had the same problem---about 1/2 watt output power. So far Ive fixed all solder joints, checked all jacks to make sure the switches closed, all voltages and bias are there, checked both sides of fx loop . Any ideas where to look at this point ??

Since the mv pot was bad , could it be another pot i wonder...

Comment

So start from the beginning, I don't remember what we all said 40 posts ago anyway.

Isolate the problem.

Turn the reverb up to a normal level. Rock the amp to crash the springs. Is the noise loud and strong or is it low power like everything else? Plug a guitar into the FX return, is that loud and strong or weak as before? Plug a guitar into the main input, and run a cord from FX send to some other amp. How does it sound over there? is that preamp sound strong or low power?

Was this the one that had no T15 and T16? If so, they can't be the problem, but if you have a T16, try removing it.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

ran good amp fx send to bad amp return---no volume.

ran bad amp fx send to good amp return---loud and normal.

so its obviously after the loop

i removed T16 -- no change

also bypassed the speaker jacks , and then the imp. switch --no change

Comment

FOUND IT !!!! What a relief......

THANK YOU to all that helped here !!

It was a cracked joint at R94 , killing the signal .

Amp is up and running--stable bias----sounds awesome !!!

Very happy right now.......didnt have to dump another $100 into her for a transformer !

Comment

Working...
            X