grid resistors in pentode stages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grid resistors in pentode stages

Is does the grid leak resistor have the same functionality in a pentode stage as in a triode stage?
    In this forum everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Yes. It's there for the same reason.

Comment

Thanks!

Some power sections isn't packing grid leak resistors. Is there a reason?

Comment

I suspect that there is still a path to ground through other components that serve to perform the grid leak function. It may just not look like a dedicated grid leak resistor. For example, there is a grid leak path through a fixed bias supply. Can you post a schematic of an example of the circuit you are questioning?
        Last edited by Tom Phillips; 06-01-2013, 10:35 PM.

Comment

I've seen it in some Fender-like amplifiers, and Fender amps of course.

Comment

I think Mr. Fuzz is confusing the grid leak and grid stopper resistors. The grid leak resistor is the one that goes from the grid to ground or the bias voltage. The grid stopper is the one that is between the signal source and the grid. It's purpose is to suppress oscillation and limit high frequency response.
            Last edited by loudthud; 06-01-2013, 10:32 PM. Reason: spellin
            WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
            REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

Originally posted by loudthud View Post
              I think Mr. Fuzz is confusing the grid leak and frid stopper resistors. The grid leak resistor is the one that goes from the grid to ground or the bias voltage. The grid stopper is the one that is between the signal source and the grid. It's purpose is to suppress oscillation and limit high frequency response.
              No Mr Thud, I know what a grid keak resistor is and why they're used.

Comment

Originally posted by überfuzz View Post
                I've seen it in some Fender-like amplifiers, and Fender amps of course.
                The only Fender amps that don't have grid leak resisitors are the ones with transformer drive of the output stage like PS300 and the Musicmaster Bass.
                WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
                REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

Working...
                X