No announcement yet.

Solid State Project!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Note to self: I have to get my self into solid state. No freaking overweighted OT, no scary voltages, and maybe more...
    In this forum everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Comment

Angelo, the link below is for a paper on Safe Operating Area (SOA). That is an extension of the idea of short circuit protection, it takes into account that a inductive load (speaker) can often exceed the power rating of output transistors. Many of the commercially available 100 Watt amplifiers will have more than one pair of output transistors because a single pair will not survive very long in musical instrument amplifier use.

SOA Protection for Audio Power Amplifiers
      WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
      REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

[QUOTE=angelothewolf;306269].... the amp is now almost mounted, and suffering some tests. i uploaded some pics for you to see how its going.. its my first loud amp project. its everything very tight but for now is working very well. i thought the heat will be a problem but driving a 8ohms 4X12 speaker cabinet at full power it gets a little warm, will have a fan too.
        I still have some doubts about the zobel network and the output protection. but for now exceeds expectations! [quote]
        Congratulations.
        Yes, it *is* tight, why don't you mount it in a larger chassis?
        Where are the heat sinks?

PS: você é Brasileiro ?
        Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

[QUOTE=J M Fahey;306521][QUOTE=angelothewolf;306269].... the amp is now almost mounted, and suffering some tests. i uploaded some pics for you to see how its going.. its my first loud amp project. its everything very tight but for now is working very well. i thought the heat will be a problem but driving a 8ohms 4X12 speaker cabinet at full power it gets a little warm, will have a fan too.
          I still have some doubts about the zobel network and the output protection. but for now exceeds expectations!
          Congratulations.
          Yes, it *is* tight, why don't you mount it in a larger chassis?
          Where are the heat sinks?

PS: você é Brasileiro ?
          soy argentino, pero vivo en brasil!

Comment

Working...
          X