usa built blues deville 4x10 footswitch problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• usa built blues deville 4x10 footswitch problem

I have tested the channel switching-reverb on and off input. I tried making a footswitch with one button to switch channels only and leave the reverb on all the time. The reverb only works when the drive channel is on(red light on) i tried plugging both a mono 1/4 inch and a trs plug with no attached wires on either. Both plugs turn reverb off as soon as i plug them into footswitch jack. Is this a amp /switch problem or a me problem? Thanks, any help appreciated,bluestom 50

The footswitch is not a simple switch in a box.

Look at the amp schematic, at the FS jack. See CR5 CR6 diodes there? You'd need to add those parts to your footswitch box. If you want the LEDs in your FS, we'd have to look up that pedal in the guide.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

You can either use the exact Fender footswitch for this amp, or build/modify your own. As Enzo stated, it is not just a simple switch.
      You should be able to modify a standard 2 button latching type (not momentary) footswitch by adding 2 diodes and 2 LED's.
      Here is the schematic for the footswitch:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	devilleFS.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	829306
      Originally posted by Enzo
      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Working...
      X