Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Behringer X2222USB Popping & Crackling HELP ??????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Behringer X2222USB Popping & Crackling HELP ??????????

Hey Guys,
    I'm new to these forms and Im trying to put a PA together. I have a problem with this mixing board I bought. When the band starts playing (20 to 30 mins) the speakers start to crackle and pop. Now I have isolated the problem to the board-Onboard FX. And the Crackle and pop gets worst when your playing with the FX knob, also because I change it with another board and it's not doing it. . That being said is there something I can do to repair this? Or do you know a way I can shut off the FX completely and hook up a effects procossor outboard to totaly get rid of the Fx completely? Any help would be great.
    Thanks

"The" FX knob?

Are you saying you substituted a different little FX card into your mixer and it is quiet?

You have FX sends on each input channel, then I think there is a FX return to main and monitor? Is it that FX return level you get noise from?

To use external FX, use one of the AUX sends, is there one free in your setup? For that matter, is the FX send itself clear of noise? If that send from the channels is cleanh, then use it to send to an external FX unti, then the signal from that FX unti can come back in an AUX return
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Im sorry I wasn't clear. The Onboard knob call ( Programs Parameter) for the effects on the board. I reset the effects but it didn't help. Is there something else I can do? Was thinking about running an external processor? Would putting that in stop the onboard effects? Or is there a way to fix my problem? Or is there a way to completely shut off the effects Onboard?
      Originally posted by Enzo View Post
      "The" FX knob?

Are you saying you substituted a different little FX card into your mixer and it is quiet?

You have FX sends on each input channel, then I think there is a FX return to main and monitor? Is it that FX return level you get noise from?

To use external FX, use one of the AUX sends, is there one free in your setup? For that matter, is the FX send itself clear of noise? If that send from the channels is cleanh, then use it to send to an external FX unti, then the signal from that FX unti can come back in an AUX return

Comment

Maybe I am the one not clear. The program knob that selects the FX type number (reverb, delay, whatever) only choses the type of FX. But the sound from the FX card is adjusted by the FX return control. I THINK there is an FX to MAIN and FX to MON, two controls. PLus of course the FX feed from each channel. SO what I wanted to know was this: does turning the FX to MAIN and FX to MON controls to zero stop the noise? If so, then that is now to syop the noise, then you can use an external FX unit if you like.

In my previous post, the last paragraph I described how to connect an external FX unit. If the FX send is OK, then use the existing FX knobs on each channel to set up an FX mix and send that to a unit, then the return can come back into an AUX return if nothing else.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
        X