usa fender blues deville 410 problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• usa fender blues deville 410 problem

I just installed a frommel upgrade kit in my perfect working blues deville. I usually dont have problems with doing mods but this time i guess i screwed up. The drive channel works but breaks up when the tube circuit board is touched or slightly taped on. The clean channel does nothing. Just touching any pre amp tube or slightly touching the tube circuit board makes loud thump and hums. When you tap on it-- it goes completely quiet. When i bend the tube pcb it seems to short out and the amp gets completely quiet. Any idea what i might look for? Thanks again,bluestom

How much flexing and bending did you do to get the board out. I never remove those boards, I just free the top and fold them down enough to get at the back. Did you happen to completely remove the board?

My suspicion is that in the process of doing whatever changes your mod requires, you probably broke off one or more of the wires in one or more of the ribbon cables. That is the gray flat things between the socket board and the main board.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Usa fenderblues deville 410 problem

I checked for broken ribbon wires but found none bad. I did discover that i had 2 resistors wired in the wrong location at and near mid control. The amp is working good now and sounds reallty good. I am curious though. V1 and v3 light up really bright but v2 is not nearly as bright. V2 does heat up. Is there less current at v2 than 1 and 3? Thanks for your help,at least the amp is working,bluestom50

Comment

I'd imagine you have a tube in V2 that is naturally less bright visually.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
        X