Kurzweil Mark 10 pedal spring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kurzweil Mark 10 pedal spring

I have one that is cracked. I can't find a reseller of the part. One company wants to sell the entire 3 pedal assy.
    All that's wrong is a $2-3 spring.

Any ideas?

Thank in adv.

Is this the one?
    Kurzweil Part - Spring,COMPRESSION Baldwiin Foot Pedal
    If not, how about a picture.
    Maybe some basic dimensions & a description.

Comment

I tried there, they want to sell the unit as a whole.

Thx

Comment

You haven't said, but did you contact them directly to ask after the part? Ask if they can provide it to you. And if not, can they suggest a parts seller. And ask if they can provide the correct part number so you can order it from a dealer.

Repair | Kurzweil
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

KZ svc had emailed me in return, They only sell just the pedal unit. No individual parts.

It's just a bad (broken) spring. I'll see if I can find a hardware store that has something that works. Customer won't go for replacing the whole foot pedal unit.

Thx

Comment

Does the customer use the sostenuto pedal? Many people don't. If that is not the broken one, perhaps steal its spring for the broken one. At least he'd have his pedal to use while you look for a proper spring.

Got a piano store nearby or a piano tuner/restorer? perhaps they might have something.

And I have no idea how it is made, but might the similar pedals on a Roland or Yamaha have springs that could be made to work?
            Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

You haven't posted a description or a picture.
              Go here & have a look around.:McMaster-Carr

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
                You haven't posted a description or a picture.
                Go here & have a look around.:McMaster-Carr
                Found one today at the hardware store. Used for lawnmower but the tension was just about right and it was close to the diameter needed but I modified the top side to fit the spring rest bump in the pedal.

Cust was happy. $1.25 vs $147 part.

I know I have been able to get Roland parts for uprights, but Kz is insane wanting $150 for this.

Thanks all for your help!

Comment

Working...
                X