Current production Sovtek EL84M

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current production Sovtek EL84M

Does anyone have an actual spec sheet for these?

I've looked around and can only find links to various equivalents or 'near matches' with varying specs.

Aren't they actually 6P14P-EV ?
    You should have more luck if you search that number, like: 6P14P, 6P14P-V, 6P14P-EV
    Also seem to be sometimes marketed as 7189: www.thetubestore.com - Preferred Series 7189 (Premium EL84) Audio Tubes
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Most of the Sovtek, Tung-Sol reissue, Electro Harmonix, Mullard, Genelex tubes are made at the Saratov factory in Russia owned by New Sensor, and New Sensor doesn't tend to share many specs of their tubes or they will refer you to the vintage datasheets. Many of the tubes are Russian equivalents of the vintage examples as noted above...so sometimes you can find the Russian datasheets.

Greg

Comment

Originally posted by g-one View Post
        Aren't they actually 6P14P-EV ?
        That's what I'm trying to establish. I've not been able to find anything from the manufacturer that gives the exact match. Be nice of they are 6P14P-EV.

Comment

They would be shooting themselves in the foot if they gave that information out. Everyone would buy the old Reflektor 6P14P-EV instead of their nice new EL84M.

I always thought they were the same: the "M" standing for "military", like the "EV" suffix on the Russian part number, meaning something like special quality, long life, high reliability.
          "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

Working...
          X