Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alesis midiverb 4 power supply question ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alesis midiverb 4 power supply question ???

Just bought an Alesis Midiverb 4 without the power supply. Which I beleive is a 9V, 830mA AC. My question is I have 2 AC power supplies at my house here. One is 120v 60hz 28watts 1830mA & the other is 120v 60 Hz 12v ~1A. My question is will either of these work??? Without hurting the unit??? Just saying it would save me a few bucks also.
    Any info on this would be great. Thanks

OK, the 120v 60Hz part just means you can plug it into your wall outlet. At least in the USA.

28 watts and 1830ma? That sounds wrong. Sure it isn't 28 VOLTS 1830ma? Even if it really is 28 watts at that 1830ma, that infers 15 volts. SO either way, you don't want to plug 15 or 28v either one into a 9 volt circuit.

The other one as 12v. Again, we don't want to plug a 12v supply into a 9V circuit.

ANy extra voltage you put into it has to go somewhere, and it will turn into heat, and very likely will burn out the internal voltage regulation.

FInd yourself a 9v AC power adaptor with appropriate connector end.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thanks just found another power supply this one is a 9v but the mA is lower then 830mA. It's 600mA that work? Or juck them all and go for the right one? God these things are all over the place lol
      Originally posted by Enzo View Post
      OK, the 120v 60Hz part just means you can plug it into your wall outlet. At least in the USA.

28 watts and 1830ma? That sounds wrong. Sure it isn't 28 VOLTS 1830ma? Even if it really is 28 watts at that 1830ma, that infers 15 volts. SO either way, you don't want to plug 15 or 28v either one into a 9 volt circuit.

The other one as 12v. Again, we don't want to plug a 12v supply into a 9V circuit.

ANy extra voltage you put into it has to go somewhere, and it will turn into heat, and very likely will burn out the internal voltage regulation.

FInd yourself a 9v AC power adaptor with appropriate connector end.

Comment

You are coming up 230ma's short.
        That is 1/4 of an amp.
        That one will probably get hot & fail.
        Just get the correct one & play it safe.

Comment

You said you have 2 AC supplies, but just to be sure, you need to make sure the supply you use puts out AC volts, not DC. Most common are DC supplies.
          You need 9V AC output, at 830mA or more. Sometimes they have a wattage or VA rating on them, the one you need would be around 7.5 or 8 watts or VA output rating.
          Originally posted by Enzo
          I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Thanks guys for the feedback

Comment

Working...
            X