Parts-Issues, Parts Needed, Parts in General

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parts-Issues, Parts Needed, Parts in General

Has anyone used these or have one they can mic for the B/H Forum?
    Would like to know the thickness, and the width?
    Thanks,

American Made 10 Hole Keeper Bar 49.2mm (1.94'')
    Click image for larger version

Name:	american-made-10-hole-keeper-bar-492mm-194-2115502.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	867440
    Last edited by big_teee; 05-19-2015, 06:06 PM. Reason: Modernize the name to go with content
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

The batch I have here measure .1205 thick, .1875 wide, 2.2035 long.

Comment

That seems to be on the thin side for a American made magnet keeper.
      I just measured a magnet here in my house, and it measures .125".
      I'll measure what keepers I have in the shop tomorrow.
      I have an email to mojo, I'm curious to see what they say.
      T
      "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
      Terry

Comment

I just measured the maple spacers I get from them and they almost match (the maple .1195). I don't get magnets there, so I can't measure them.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Shine View Post
          I just measured the maple spacers I get from them and they almost match (the maple .1195). I don't get magnets there, so I can't measure them.
          The metal keeper, is that the US Made more expensive version?
          Thanks
          Terry

Comment

Yes. I don't like the zinc plated ones. I bought these to see how they compared to the AddictionFX part.

Comment

Got an email from mojo this morning, and their American made bar measured .118 inches thick.
              If Your going to sit it next to a .125" thick magnet, and your having them made, why not make them .125".
              I don't get it!
              Until they make them the right thickness, I'll just stick to the cheap stamped Keeper Bars.
              T
              Terry

Comment

.118 inches comes out to near enough 3mm Odd to see an American made item using a metric size. it would be much easier to use stock 1/8 bar and machine the holes.

Cheers

Andrew

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
                Got an email from mojo this morning, and their American made bar measured .118 inches thick.
                If Your going to sit it next to a .125" thick magnet, and your having them made, why not make them .125".
                I don't get it!
                Until they make them the right thickness, I'll just stick to the cheap stamped Keeper Bars.
                T

Comment

Originally posted by the great waldo View Post
                  .118 inches comes out to near enough 3mm Odd to see an American made item using a metric size. it would be much easier to use stock 1/8 bar and machine the holes.

Cheers

Andrew
                  Easy for who?
                  Not Easy for me to make, I'm not much machinist, and not equipped for it.
                  I measured a bunch of magnets last evening, and most are .125-.128 inches.
                  None of them are as thin as .118".
                  If mojo is going to have these custom made and charge $3.40 for an American made bar, it should at least be the right size.
                  I'm supposed to get back with them about it.
                  They told me when I inquired about the Keepers that they were intersted in our feedback.
                  I'm going to tell them they are wasting their time and our money on a .118" keeper.
                  Maybe we can get them to make them the right size, and maybe it can benefit all of us!
                  Thanks for your response.
                  T
                  Terry

Comment

The point I was trying to make is that maybe these are made from metal scourced from abroad and machined in the USA. I'm also not a machinist but it would not take much to knock up a jig for drilling. You are dead right about getting the dimensions right. It's a mystery to me why they have gone to the bother of making a replica and getting it wrong, it's not exactly rocket science making a metal bar with a few holes drilled in it!

Cheers

Andrew
                    Originally posted by big_teee View Post
                    Easy for who?
                    Not Easy for me to make, I'm not much machinist, and not equipped for it.
                    I measured a bunch of magnets last evening, and most are .125-.128 inches.
                    None of them are as thin as .118".
                    If mojo is going to have these custom made and charge $3.40 for an American made bar, it should at least be the right size.
                    I'm supposed to get back with them about it.
                    They told me when I inquired about the Keepers that they were intersted in our feedback.
                    I'm going to tell them they are wasting their time and our money on a .118" keeper.
                    Maybe we can get them to make them the right size, and maybe it can benefit all of us!
                    Thanks for your response.
                    T

Comment

Does anyone have any vintage type PAF or Old P90 Keepers they would like to measure and give specs to?
                      Also was the PAF Keeper a 8 hole or a 10 hole Keeper?
                      T
                      Terry

Comment

Paf 10 holes, P90 10 holes, p90 dogear 8 holes 2nd and 7th bigger for the fixing machine screws 2.3/16 x 3/16 x 1/8.

Comment

Originally posted by jonson View Post
                          Paf 10 holes, P90 10 holes, p90 dogear 8 holes 2nd and 7th bigger for the fixing machine screws 2.3/16 x 3/16 x 1/8.
                          Thanks Jonson!
                          Can you measure the thickness, and width in thousandths?
                          I guess tha is what the 1/8 x 3/16 is.
                          I would like a more exact number to tell Mojo.
                          T
                          Terry

Comment

2.187.5 x .187.5 x .125 ins

Comment

Originally posted by jonson View Post
                              2.187.5 x .187.5 x .125 ins
                              I think you quoted what the measurements should be.
                              Probably not actual measured Keepers.
                              Magnets too are supposed to be .125" thick, but they in fact vary quite a bit!
                              I measured from .124-.128 inches.
                              a Keeper that is .125 would be fine, and the maple spacer should be the same.
                              T
                              Terry

Comment

Working...
                              X