Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vox Ac30 Bass, conversion to Guitar AC30 Top Boot

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some info in converting a 1970's JMI AC30 Bass to an AC30 guitar Top Boost. I have quickly compared the two schematics but haven't gone thru' every component yet but they both look quite familiar.

Have any of you ever done this before and would it be a simple enough job to do?

Cheers in advance.
    Last edited by Ice cream man; 06-22-2013, 09:01 PM.

Originally posted by Ice cream man View Post
    Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some info in converting a 1970's JMI AC30 Bass to an AC30 guitar Top Boost. I have quickly compared the two schematics but haven't gone thru' every component yet but they both look quite familiar.

Have any of you ever done this before and would it be a simple enough job to do?

Cheers in advance.
    I'm sure it can be done. Adding a top boost was a pretty common thing back in the day. But...before you go to the trouble, have you tried just using a boost pedal with tone controls with it? The cheap and dirty one is a Digitech Bad Monkey (around $40) which is essentially a Tube Screamer with tone controls. Depending on what sound you are going after, you might be pleasantly surprised. Also you could try a stomp box equalizer if you don't need the gain.

Comment

Ok cheers olddwag, that might be a better option but I think I'll look thru the diagrams first to see if its really worth it.

Comment

Working...
      X