Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Building my first winder, help needed :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building my first winder, help needed :)

I am trying to put together a winder, and I do understand the mechanical part of it (plus many drawing can be found here and in Lollar's book), but I have never used or wired counters and optical switches. I need your help to recommend a part list that I need to get (only for the electronics). So far I know that:

1. I need a preset counter in order to have automatic shut of a certain coil winding (recommend Red Lion, SESTOS or other. please include the model in your post)

2. Optical are more precise than magnetic reed switches, so recommend a model please

After that, do i need other parts (considering electronics), or just soldering them to the sewing machine motor and power source is enough?

Gorjan

Originally posted by gorjan View Post
    1. I need a preset counter in order to have automatic shut of a certain coil winding (recommend Red Lion, SESTOS or other. please include the model in your post)
    Then you need something like this:

I picked this one up on eBay. New they are fairly expensive. I had to buy a relay for it, since it didn't come with one.

It was going to be part of a new winder until I changed direction and started on a CNC winder.

I don't even use it, I just watch the counter and stop when it's time to stop.
    It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
    www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

I used a reed switch into a no load counter for my Lollar style winder. It works great and there is no need (dry contact) for the counter to be powered or a relay. Reed switches are so easy to install and setup. Here's the one I used in my sewing machine motor mechanical winder.

Redington 6300-0500-0000 Counter, Electronic, 8DigitLCD, Dry Contact

If you are looking for counters and types of counters, here's a link that you might find useful.

Counters - Counters & Hour Meters - Electrical
      Take Care,

Jim. . .
      VA3DEF

Comment

Thanks for your suggestions, but I am deciding on this guy (link bellow)

12V 24V 6 Preset Digital Counter 10KPCS Relay 10 Off | eBay

I bet I can make an offer and take it bellow $30 free shipping included, and that means that I get all the functions of the ones you listed with a shorter life expectancy. Anyways could you reccomend an optical switch for this model? As mestioned before I really don't know which one to get so it is compatible. Once I buy it I can take it to an electrician (labor is very cheap in Macedonia)

Gorjan

Comment

Originally posted by gorjan View Post
          Thanks for your suggestions, but I am deciding on this guy (link bellow)

12V 24V 6 Preset Digital Counter 10KPCS Relay 10 Off | eBay

I bet I can make an offer and take it bellow $30 free shipping included, and that means that I get all the functions of the ones you listed with a shorter life expectancy. Anyways could you reccomend an optical switch for this model? As mestioned before I really don't know which one to get so it is compatible. Once I buy it I can take it to an electrician (labor is very cheap in Macedonia)

Gorjan
          That looks like it would work fine.
          It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
          www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Working...
          X