Being re-directed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being re-directed

When clicking on MEF in Google, tries to open the MEF website, and then automatically re-directed to a spam site.
    Hate to bring this subject up, but there's Weasels in the server, again.

I just now did what you said.
    Went to Google, searched MEF, clicked on the link (Activity Stream - Music Electronics Forum) & everything went as it should.
    Can you post the exact link?

Comment

I did a search on Music Electronics forum.
      I clicked on the result, and got redirected to a spam site.
      I repeated it several times and always went to the MEF activity page.
      Weird, Guru Man try again.
      T
      "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
      Terry

Comment

Just tried it again from another browser, and got the redirect again.
        Here is what I got.
        Last edited by Steve A.; 06-24-2013, 09:58 PM. Reason: deleted questionable link
        "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
        Terry

Comment

Bookmark it or put in Favorites.
          Do not use email notifications for threads either.

Comment

I tried it and was also redirected. Looks like I'm in for another round of find-the-needle-in-the-haystack.
            -tb

"If you're the only person I irritate with my choice of words today I'll be surprised" Chuck H.

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
              Bookmark it or put in Favorites.
              Do not use email notifications for threads either.
              I use Bookmarks rather than trusting Google for MEF but I do click on email notifications and they usually work just fine. I guess something strange is going on today.

Steve Ahola
              The Blue Guitar
              www.blueguitar.org
              Some recordings:
              https://soundcloud.com/sssteeve/sets...e-blue-guitar/

Comment

Originally posted by Steve A. View Post
                I use Bookmarks rather than trusting Google for MEF but I do click on email notifications and they usually work just fine...
                Same here on both counts. Working fine for me.

Comment

I also noticed the problem a while back. I've just been avoiding the link and getting here by other means.
                  "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

browser and/or DNS hijacks?
                    "Stand back, I'm holding a calculator." - chinrest

"I happen to have an original 1955 Stratocaster! The neck and body have been replaced with top quality Warmoth parts, I upgraded the hardware and put in custom, hand wound pickups. It's fabulous. There's nothing like that vintage tone or owning an original." - Chuck H

Comment

Originally posted by bob p View Post
                      browser and/or DNS hijacks?
                      Site related possibly, but not local. My PC is scanned daily and on a VERY protected/secure business network. I've also scanned with very good Malware products in addition. Could be browser related, though. I'm using IE10, maybe those who are using Chrome or others do not have the problem?
                      "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Geez, I never hunt for it, I just enter MEF address in the browser address window.
                        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
                          Geez, I never hunt for it, I just enter MEF address in the browser address window.
                          You could put a Bookmark or Favorite on your desktop and click that instead of typing in an address. There should be an icon on the left hand side of the address bar- drag it to your desktop and- Voila!- one click and you're here! (You want to be where you normally start off, like the forum window, when you drag the icon.)

Steve
                          The Blue Guitar
                          www.blueguitar.org
                          Some recordings:
                          https://soundcloud.com/sssteeve/sets...e-blue-guitar/

Comment

Yup.
                            Icon on desktop.
                            (Was not aware of the 'drag & drop the icon' thingy.
                            Thanks, Steve.

Comment

Firefox has a Bookmarks toolbar.
                              I have it full of all my regular sites.
                              Like steve says, just drag from the address link bar to the address toolbar.
                              After dragging it, I right click and change and shorten the name of the link, so it takes less room.
                              For Music Electronic Forum, I just use MEF, etc.
                              T
                              Terry

Comment

Working...
                              X