Surf Daddies free winter 2013 demos on SoundCloud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surf Daddies free winter 2013 demos on SoundCloud

My k1w1 surf music band. (Stuff recorded in my lounge last weekend.)

https://soundcloud.com/surf-daddies

All tracks live to 2-track with everything mic'd through my desk and into garbageband on the mac. Then I used the 'multi-band compressor' (in garbageband) to get the 'balance' 'right'. The guitar is my AVRI Jazzy, and the amp I'm mainly using is this one:

Click image for larger version

Name:	9154187360_61240f844c_o.png
Views:	1
Size:	189.1 KB
ID:	867464
    Building a better world (one tube amp at a time)

"I have never had to invoke a formula to fight oscillation in a guitar amp."- Enzo

Nice work, Peter! I have to admit that, as a lad, 'Walk Don't Run (1964)' by the Ventures was the first 45 record I fell in love with. You've captured the sound and the vibe of all I remember about that bright period of musical history.

I do have a question about the schem you posted. On the input to the PI, you've essentially tapped off 'halfway up' the resistance from the plate to B+. Other than giving that stage a 6dB voltage drop into the PI and maybe saved a resistor or two in the total count, are there other reasons to do that? I've never seen that before. Cheers!
    If it still won't get loud enough, it's probably broken. - Steve Conner
    If the thing works, stop fixing it. - Enzo
    We need more chaos in music, in art... I'm here to make it. - Justin Thomas
    MANY things in human experience can be easily differentiated, yet *impossible* to express as a measurement. - Juan Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by eschertron View Post
      I do have a question about the schem you posted. On the input to the PI, you've essentially tapped off 'halfway up' the resistance from the plate to B+. Other than giving that stage a 6dB voltage drop into the PI and maybe saved a resistor or two in the total count, are there other reasons to do that? I've never seen that before. Cheers!
      I prefer the amp running a bit cleaner this way for surf music with reverb. YMMV

"I have never had to invoke a formula to fight oscillation in a guitar amp."- Enzo

Comment

Sorry I didn't see this earlier, as always I love to hear your music, thanks for the post.
        Wish you didn't live on the other side of the world, would be fun to hear your band live!

Comment

TFT Bill. I just got a new firewire audio interface so we're going to have another go at some demos this weekend, with multi-track recording this time, so the remixing should be a lot better (one hopes).

Comment

Nice looking amp. It seems to me that you've plucked the best features from each of the different era tremoluxes.
            I'm not near a PC with speakers now, so I'll have to listen to the clips later. I'm looking forward to it -- I love surf.
            "Stand back, I'm holding a calculator." - chinrest

"I happen to have an original 1955 Stratocaster! The neck and body have been replaced with top quality Warmoth parts, I upgraded the hardware and put in custom, hand wound pickups. It's fabulous. There's nothing like that vintage tone or owning an original." - Chuck H

Comment

I'm loving those little string bends in "walk don't run."
              "Stand back, I'm holding a calculator." - chinrest

"I happen to have an original 1955 Stratocaster! The neck and body have been replaced with top quality Warmoth parts, I upgraded the hardware and put in custom, hand wound pickups. It's fabulous. There's nothing like that vintage tone or owning an original." - Chuck H

Comment

Working...
              X