Something of interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something of interest

Found out something interesting today. Apparently the best way to strip formvar off copper wire without resorting to sand paper or a lighter. Chloroform is the thing to use it would seem.
    sigpic Dyed in the wool

that's interesting.

No Doubt you are right spence as that stuff does have melting properties.
    In the right form will melt and glue Acrylic (perspex) as well.It's definately something not to be sniffed at.

Comment

I keep mine next to my duct tape and GHB.

Comment

I wasted all mine when I was dating the wife.....
        sigpic Dyed in the wool

Comment

My second wife was bought up on that stuff. She was a bit of a knockout really though.

Comment

Alcohol killed my first wife.

I came home pissed and shot her
            sigpic Dyed in the wool

Comment

Well, if you were using her as a puching bag, trust me, she did'nt feel a thing!! I remember someone left a dirty rag on Ozzys air unit on his bus, and nearly killed everyone. POORMAN, GHB dude....HEHE, thats funny. Duct tape! Did you superglue her eyes open, and make her watch?
              Spence, I told you that Everclear(moonshine) was no joke!
              How would one use it for perspex,, safely with a small acid brush? Hum... is it readily available?

Comment

Originally posted by Spence View Post
                Found out something interesting today. Apparently the best way to strip formvar off copper wire without resorting to sand paper or a lighter. Chloroform is the thing to use it would seem.
                It is something to use. Chlorinated solvents work really well as solvents. They are also really bad for humans. Chloroform is something to use very carefully.

Comment

Dichloromethane evolved from chloroform I am told and available through the plastic sign making industry. Put in a small squeezy bottle and tracked through a joint to glue up perspex. Could have done with you Spence for my third wife and I would have bought you the Alchohol. Worship the ground that's coming to that woman.

Comment

So what are you saying Jonson? You've got a soft spot for her?......under the lawn....?
                    Last edited by Spence; 06-27-2007, 08:29 PM.
                    sigpic Dyed in the wool

Comment

Hey, just remember... if you guys don't like your wives... you picked 'em!
                      It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
                      www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Ex wives. took me 4x to get it right and its that old bit that there is some you can't live with but at the same time you can't shoot them. Though seem's Spence got away with it. Someone said I must have loved them all once and I can remember all three times. A thursday, a friday evening and a sunday morning. Nowdays ok.!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X