Aux Send Question ???????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aux Send Question ???????????

Hey I'm very new to this. Just a quick question . Can you split a signal coming out of the aux send without compromising the signal? If I use a Y lead cable? Will the signal be the same at both leads? 2M 6 35mm 1 4" Stereo Jack Plug to Twin 6 35mm 1 4 inch Mono "Y" Lead BN | eBay

Maybe, but not with that. That is an insert cable, it splits a "stereo" jack into send and return cables. It is not a simple Y cord. A simple Y cord would allow you to send the one signal to two places, but whether they would interact is up to you to find out.

What are you trying to connect?
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I think there is a little confusion and a better answer would be "maybe". Is it an insert or an aux send. If a true Aux send it is another buss that is useful for just what you want to do and is often connected to a patchbay in a studio that is "mult'ed" or sent to a row of jacks that are all in parallel intending to drive outboard gear that is much higher in input impedance than the source impedance of the send bus so signals will not drop(much).
      An insert jack is different and is as Enzo describes, but can still be used for your task if you wire a TRS plug so the ring and tip are connected together and the signal to your outboard gear is connected to the ground terminal of the plug and the signal wire connected to the junction of the tip and ring connection. Signal paths in an insert are not going to be as low of impedance so connecting the extra tap will possible impact the sound slightly in the internal path of the unit with the insert jack.

What models of units are you trying to interconnect?

Comment

I want to connect a Monitor In stereo. And I don't have enough Aux send inserts on my board to send 2 separate signals.

Comment

STan, the Y cord he linked is a molded-connector type.

Explain stereo. The single AUX send is going to be a mono signal. Unless you use two input channels or a dedicated stereo channel, the signal is already mono. If you are sending the same mono signal to two amplifiers and speaker chains, it is still mono, you are just feeding it to two amps.

Most mixers have more than enough level to suffer a bit of signal reduction from loading, so try it. Use a regular Y cord, not the insert cord.

What amps are you feeding? A lot of PA amps have two input jacks wired in parallel. Plug your aux into one, and use the other as a "through jack" and patch that to the second amp.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Hi.
            Aren't Aux sends usually Balanced outputs?

Comment

Pro consoles have every I/O balanced but home and project studio boards usually are -10dbv unbalanced or how Mackie uses a non-standard quasi-balanced outputs that are between the amateur level and pro level so they can accommodate both standards....in a way.

Comment

1. Behringer X2222usb Mixing Board
                2. Samson Servo-550- 275 watts (into 4 ohms) Can be Bridged into a 8 Ohm with full 550 watt power output.
                3. 2 Yamaha 12" Monitors with horn 8 Ohm Speakers ( for Git. & Vocals up frount )
                4. Powered 15" Speaker to be determined later. ( for Drummer )

I have a behringer x2222usb. I'm using Aux 1 & 2 for monitors send. So 2 cables coming out of the mixing board to the left & right input of the amp in stero. Then out, with 2 cables to each speaker. But the Amp is Samson Servo-550 model delivers 275 watts (into 4 ohms) of power per side.The speakers are 8ohms Yamahas 12" .I want to run 1 more powered monitor to the drummer in back. Using the same Aux 1 for the same mix. Can I send a Y cable from that Aux 1, to run 1 amp and the other part of the Y to powered speaker in back??? Or maybe can you give me anouther way to hook up this monitor system. Im very new to this. I've been doing my very best to try and look for info online to get it up and running without burning anything out. Any help would be appreciated.
                Thks The Bewilered One
                Last edited by javj2007; 07-08-2013, 03:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X