Stereo to mono

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stereo to mono

I have a Fender Mustang V head which is a stereo head and I want to hook it up to an old 2-15 Fender Bassman cab which is mono and has only one input on the back... could I just "Y" the head into the cab or will that mess something up?

I would NOT do that.
    You will be paralleling two amplifier modules.
    If in doubt call Fender and ask them.

Comment

Good way to do it. Also check the owner's manual if you still have it. Should be a manual on the internet, google it. Should be able to find one on fender.com.

Comment

You could rewire the 2x15 cabinet and make it stereo. Simply add another jack and run a jack to each speaker (of course, unhook them from each other). That way you'll still have stereo effects, etc.
        "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Or just use one of the existing speakers in the combo like normal and rewire the other one to the 2x15. There could be a volume mismatch, but you can at least try it.

Comment

Good way to do it.
            Well, .... no. You don't parallel amp *outputs*
            Or just use one of the existing speakers in the combo
            Er .... the OP is asking about a
            Fender Mustang V head which is a stereo head
            Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

JM I think you are misunderstanding what I'm trying to say. Sorry for any confusion, anyway.

Good way to do it, I'm saying what Jazz P bass said is a good way to do it.

And about the last quote, that was my fault... I missed the head part. Sorry. BUT he's got to have a cabinet that came with it, so I would hook the right to the original cab, and the left to the 2x15 to at least try it, mismatch might be big but to try could work. I just wouldn't want to rewire my cabinet just to get stereo from it. Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by isaac View Post
                I just wouldn't want to rewire my cabinet just to get stereo from it. Oh well.
                Given what we know (stereo modeling head- cabinet with two speakers), this is the best option in my opinion. Firstly, it's not that difficult. A 1/4" jack, some wire, and probably about 1/2 hours time. Secondly, it will still give you stereo effects, which is a plus for this amp. Thirdly, you'll have matching speakers and loads on each side of the amp (assuming there are matching speakers in the cabinet).
                "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Working...
                X