Darn Fender anyway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darn Fender anyway

Got a Hot Rod Deluxe III in, no lights. Checked fuse, then found power in the thing, but no 6VAC. Transformer leads go to the tube socket board, 6v getting there.. Found an open path between one of the push-on posts and the tube sockets. SO no tubes heating. Looking at the solder, looks good. SHined a light under the board, and see a gap between push-on post and the trace to the tubes.

And then I spot, peeking out under the end of the board, they have added a little heater fuse. It is nowhere accessible, it is up under the board in the rear, with things all around it. I'm gonna have to pull the socket board to get at the damn fuse. it looks pretty much like a regular HR Deluxe, but they added the little fuse clips under there. Really Fender? You couldn't make the thing accessible?
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Had one the other day with some cracked solder around the o/p tubes. Didn't notice any heat around those 5w ceramic resistors so maybe thats ok now ?
    Bit silly I agree to have that fuse there.
    Attached Files

Comment

Fen-peg

Comment

Working...
      X