Crate GX-15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crate GX-15

Replaced the input piece that the guitar plugs into but had to remove the board from casing to do so. Now there is no noise at all? Speaker cables look secure attempted different speaker cables to see if it put out any sound to no avail. There is power to the amp. There was a black cable that seemed to be attached to a ground and that's where i left it. I'm not sure if that's where it goes but there really aren't that many options.. I'm stumped? Any one that has a GX-15 that can crack it open and see where that black cable goes or someone who has advice and knows where I've might nailed something by accident would be much appreciated. No sound hum.. Nada.

Lp629

The only black wires I remember being in GX-15 (R) are 115V tap of the power transformer primary, speaker return and (if I remember right) common of the reverb tank's return side. None of the first two connect to ground. The third one does but you shouldn't have it in your amp - unless it's the GX-15R model instead. If it was a jumper wire on the PCB then ignore my comments - I have no memory of those.

Comment

Working...
    X