Behringer PMP6000 SMPSU29 PCB909090REVB Power Supply Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Behringer PMP6000 SMPSU29 PCB909090REVB Power Supply Board

Can some one help me find a new power supply board for Behringer SMPSU29. One side(High Voltage Side going to power amps) Shorted. The Low voltage side is working and all the faders, lights, pots, etc. fuction. I can use the board w/an external pwr. Amp. But, would love to replace. Any Help? How Bout Schematics., also. Why does behringer think there schematics are made of gold, and I can't have one. Crazy. Please someone help!
    Thks. Gray

Behringer, like a number of other companies, does not release its schematics. They consider them proprietary, plus any OEM who hands you a schematic is also giving you tacit approval to work on the product. That potentially puts them in the liability loop if you inure yourself. Not all companies have that approach, but that is the sort of reasoning behind it. They do have a network of repair centers, so from their perspective you can get the things running. Try calling Line 6 for schematics, or Nady. They won't send them either. The opposite end of the scale is Peavey, who will send any schematic to anyone, plus sell you parts.

What do you mean the high vo0ltage is shorted? If the low voltage works, then the power supply is at least operating. In general, if the high voltage supplies are shorted, it usually shuts the SMPS down. With the wires to the power amps disconnected, does the high voltage appear on the SMPS pins? You may be correct in your diagnosis, but usually, the power amps are what is shorted.

I can't send you the schematic, but it appears that Elektrotanya has the PMP6000 files, and I believe that includes the SMPSU29 board.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

And good luck finding replacement parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
        And good luck finding replacement parts.
        I hear you on that. Its like looking for a the key to Fort Knox. This country is going down, quick..Its such a shame. How come old equipment would last forever. Now, they make it to fail quickly. I think Japan told America " You make your products last to long, you need to sell more ". Crazy world. Thks., for your reply.

Comment

The Fans and the Outputs at Speakon connections not working. You can see a couple of burnt paths of resistors and maybe a shorted capacitor on the high voltage side, tracing the board going to Output board. That's what we found with a quick trace of things.. So, my repair guy told me to try and find another power Supply board and/or schematics . he would be guessing at valve of resistors, etc. without schematics. I would think that Behringer would have a supplier of the SMPSU29 Power Supply Board? So, I should be able to purchase one from some Vendor, right? Help...Thks., for your professional response.

Comment

Originally posted by Tombstudio View Post
            I hear you on that. Its like looking for a the key to Fort Knox. This country is going down, quick..
            Uhmm, Behringer is a German company.
            There products are manufactured in China.
            You can blame Behringer for the lack of customer support.
            They do not feel that it is cost effective to supply parts to anyone.
            It is not as simple as blaming it on "this country".
            Last edited by tboy; 07-28-2013, 10:11 PM.

Comment

So, when you buy a product now, you don't have any owners rights, of course, therefore you only get a little start-up manual to help you turn it on. You have to download online the full manual! It it fails they (The Corporate Machine) would rather you, just go out and buy another one. I would agree if I owned shares of their corporate stocks. Anyhow, I know Behringer is a company from Germany(whom lost the war-payback maybe)but, it would be nice to see American make the better products once again! I miss the old products that are still running fine in my studio!
              Peavey is one great American company that still puts out good products and stands behind there products w/Schematics and parts readily available. Can you believe!!! Just a Thought!!

Comment

Thanks for replying in a timely manner. I have a repair guy that repairs a lot of my electronics(Studio gear & Live gear). All the low voltage part of the board is working(Lights, Faders, effects, etc.). I can use the board w/external power amp, and aux. running my subs. No problem.. The fans don't run and no audio from Speakon outputs., therefore no amps.. On the board we can see a couple of resistors have burnt., and maybe a capacitor shorted, but without a schematic we cannot know the value of some of the resistor parts, etc.
                I went ahead and bought another PMP6000 just like it because I use this board weekly on live gigs. Anyhow, if I could locate another power supply and purchase it would be the best option for me at this time and I could use this board for back-up. If I can't get another Power supply, and/or schematic, I can use as back -up w/external amp. So, would love to get this back up and running. Any help and/or advise would be highly appreciated.

Thanks once again for your timely and professional response.

Gray

Comment

I told you where to get the schematic back in post #2.
                  Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

In case anyone is looking at this post, here is the SMPSU29 schematic.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SMPSU29.png
Views:	1
Size:	277.6 KB
ID:	852526
                    Attached Files

Comment

Links to Behringer schematics

Reminder

https://music-electronics-forum.com/showthread.php?t=41121
                      It's All Over Now

Comment

Working...
                      X