RCA 813 Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RCA 813 Project

Just wanted to post some test data on my Switching A/C regulated Filament Power Supply.
    I use a 14 volt / 6 amp transformer to derive 10 volts at 5 amps DC for the filaments, with a ripple voltage abouts 100 or so millivolts. Since this is no DC regulator, there is no waste heat generated. The bridge rec does run very warm, but it is heat sinked to the chassis..

As you can see by the photo's, the DC regulation is pretty good. With the input varied between 110 and 124 VAC, the output voltage stays very stable......

-g
    Attached Files

I have a couple of photo's of the build so far....
    The output transformers are still not here yet......
    But, I did mount the power tubes and engage the regulated filament power supplies to show how much light these tubes will put out.....Due to some e-mail response, I pulled the chassis directly into a power strip, and set up a meter to monitor the filament voltage at LV1. Beam power is not engaged at this time.....The filaments on both tubes were running steady at 10.1 volts DC.

The inside the chassis are the twin 50 watt filament power supplies and one half of the 1 KV Beam Power Supply. The other half is a DC filter card, which I shall begin building next......

Same application as my 5 watt stereo surface amp..... I shall intend to drive both 813 Beam Power tubes directly from the line output jack from my Sound Blaster Card from my desktop computer...I should expect to see up to 40 to 45 watts RMS stereo per channel output... Just to two power tubes, that's it.........
    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
    X