Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ampeg SVT 4 PRO Mono Bridge Switch Missing???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ampeg SVT 4 PRO Mono Bridge Switch Missing???

Hey All…
    I just resieved a SVT 4 Pro from the US and Im very happy… Its an awearsome amp…
    I configured it to Euro Volt 230 volt and its ALIVE 
    My only problem now is the following:
    The MONO BRIDGE SWITCH is missing???? Cut clean of the legs!
    How does the amp performe 1. In stereo 2. In Mono Bridge or 3. Not at all. ???
    I dident have the nerve to test with a cabinet as longe the switch is missing
    What do I do? In witch configuration can I use the amp or is it not posible without the mono bridged Switch
    Cheers
    Joergen aka Highcube
    From Denmark

Originally posted by Highcube View Post
    Hey All…
    I just resieved a SVT 4 Pro from the US and Im very happy… Its an awearsome amp…
    I configured it to Euro Volt 230 volt and its ALIVE 
    My only problem now is the following:
    The MONO BRIDGE SWITCH is missing???? Cut clean of the legs!
    How does the amp performe 1. In stereo 2. In Mono Bridge or 3. Not at all. ???
    I dident have the nerve to test with a cabinet as longe the switch is missing
    If appropriate jumpers were made (to simulate the position of the "stereo/bridge" switch) then no major problem. On occasion At times I have removed those switches and applied jumpers to keep an amp in "stereo", for the safety of the amp and its operator. Bridge mode can be tricky to use correctly, and puts voltage on the shell of a metal quarter-inch speaker cable plug = shock or shorting out hazard. Also, some amp operators like to just punch switches at random, to find out what they do (Read the manual? are you kidding? but that's the way people do things, go figure. Sometimes that's ME.) If an amp is in bridge mode, and speaker connections are made via Neutrik speaker connectors that don't have any shock hazard, AND the speaker load is appropriate, OK to use it that way.

If you feel up to an experiment, no need to connect speakers, run a signal into the amp, measure AC (signal) voltage at one channel's output terminal with respect to common, then measure from that output terminal to the OTHER channel's output. If the voltage is double, the amp is in bridge. If both channels are turning out signal but measure zero volts when measured one-to-the-other, the amp is in stereo. Don't need to run up much voltage, just one volt will tell you what you need to know.
    This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Hey Leo...
      Thanks for reply... I will go in experiment mode...
      cheers
      Joergen

Comment

Are you certain that the switch is indeed broken?
        As this is not a switch that you would want to accidently engage, it is recessed in the panel.
        Even in the non-bridged 'Stereo' mode (switch out) the switch is below the plane of the back panel.
        Here is the manual.http://www.ampeg.com/pdf/SVT4PRO.pdf
        Output mode is page 4 & 5.
        The schematic can be found here: AMPEG SVT-4PRO SCH Service Manual free download, schematics, eeprom, repair info for electronics

Comment

Hey Jazz P Bass...
          Im pretty sure
          Took a Picture of it but im not able to upload!
          I have the schematics from ampeg thanks.
          The swicth is like cut of at base with 6 metal "pins or bases" sticking up!!!
          cheers
          Joergen

Comment

Working...
          X