Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phase inverter circuit through dual-gang pot MV - explanation

Hello all,

I need some help conceptualizing something. Consider the following schematic of a Tiny Terror amp:

http://thmq.mysteria.cz/diystompboxes.com/OTT/TT15.jpg

As far as I can tell, second stage preamp has one non-inverted signal going to one 'side' of a dual gang pot, with an inverted signal going to the other side. As the schematic is drawn, with one terminal lug on one side grounded to the opposite terminal on the other side (1 grounded to 3), wouldn't this then create a situation where, if the pot shaft were turned all the way to either side, one signal would be dimed and the other would be completely silent. And if the pot were turned all the way to the other side, vice versa? Shouldn't it be wired so that both signals either increase or decrease together? Why not wire both sides of the pot the same way?

Thanks in advance for any/all responses. I'm confused.

They haven't marked the CW or CCW ends but I'm sure both sides of the pot are wired the same way with the CCW ends grounded

Comment

So then this would be incorrect?

http://www.trinityamps.com/ForumGall...out_v.1.11.jpg

Comment

That layout has to be wrong. If it's wired like that it will work as you said and why would you want that. I've never played one but I'm assuming it's just a standard PPI master volume.

Comment

That's what I thought. I just saw this layout and it made me a bit confused. Many thanks for responding, Dave H!

Comment

Originally posted by caprotesta View Post
            Yes, that layout is wrong, the tone control is *also* wrong, which makes me distrust *all* of the layout.

I'm sure there must be more errors, but this alone tells me the inexperienced designer never built it, period.

The NET is chock full of stuff like that.

Sorry.
            Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by caprotesta View Post
              Yes, that layout is wrong, the tone control is *also* wrong, which makes me distrust *all* of the layout.

I'm sure there must be more errors, but this alone tells me the inexperienced designer never built it, period.

The NET is chock full of stuff like that.

Sorry.
              Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Working...
              X