Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vintage Yamaha EM 150 II fuse holder & fuse.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage Yamaha EM 150 II fuse holder & fuse.

So, I just bought a Vintage Yamaha EM 150 II the only thing missing is the fuse holder and fuse housed in the rear panel of the mixer. Does anyone know where I can find shear? I am itching to hook this thing up as it is I e if the final pieces of my analog set-up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Chris.

Any standard fuse holder should work there.
    Go through the Mouser catalog and choose one.
    They usually print dimensions so you can find something that fits in the existing hole.

What sort of worries me is: does that amp actually work?

I'd first plug it into a lamp bulb limiter (search for it here) until I check that.
    Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Worrysome indeed.
      The output circuit on these uses two separate STK bricks.
      If one or both of them are failed it will blow more fuses.
      Here is the fuse holder:Cooper Bussmann - HTB-48I-R - Fuse Accessories - Holders - Allied Electronics
      Datasheet: http://www.cooperindustries.com/cont...HKP_Series.pdf
      And the EM150II service manual: YAMAHA EM-150II SM Service Manual free download, schematics, eeprom, repair info for electronics
      I would not use more than a 1 amp fuse at initial startup.
      If the fuse holds & the unit tests good (at low power) you will need to go to a 5 amp fuse.

Comment

Thank you both for the info and links! I'm very happy I found this forum, I'm impressed already. I am still pretty green as far as vintage music electronics go but, what I can tell you is, the receiving portion of the fuse holder is present. There just isn't a fuse or the cap for the fuse holder. My next question and response to your question is, the unit does not power on at present, would the absence of the fuse (and cap) prevent the unit from powering up? Again, I'm still pretty green here, and the vintage pieces I have purchased so far have been in good working order.
        Again, thank you both for the information!

Comment

Yeah, you need the fuse & the cap for the unit to turn on.

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
            Yeah, you need the fuse & the cap for the unit to turn on.
            Awesome, I feel better about this whole thing now! I will be purchasing the needed parts tonight. I will update as things come together. Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
            X