suggestions for a bass tone generator circuit please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suggestions for a bass tone generator circuit please

I'm hoping someone can point me to a little bass tone generator circuit that will provide a nice bass sound and be stable frequency-wise. Something I can run from a battery or small power supply. I think a sine wave generator would do it but maybe something with some harmonics might sound a bit better, don't know, educate me .

I have a 60s Dewtron single-note bass pedal set. It's a simple but lovely old thing in a metal enclosure with a wood surround with instantaneous spst switches under the pedals. Each one switches in its 1K trimmer for tuning. There is a little circuit for general tuning and a buffer I think, not a lot going on in there. The tone generator section doesn't work and is encased in a little brick of opaque slightly foamy resin. It is rock hard and I have tried various solvents and chipping away at it with no success. Any ideas?

That might work, but would be crude. You might look up "voltage to frequency converters", then your keyboard would get wired with a resistor string to select a voltage divider stop for each note.

An alternate comes to mind. Get one of those cheap little personal keyboards, in particular, one of the small ones with like half-size keys. Yamaha and Casio make them, and you can find them around Christmas time at Sears or Kmart or Best Buy. Or for next to nothing at yard sales. Anyway, they work on batteries or a power adaptor. Take it apart and steal the little circuit board, and wire up the bass end to your footpedal board. Select a suitable voice patch.

Bonus, if your cheapie keyboard includes MIDI< you get that too.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
    X