Behringer PMH880S DSP Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Behringer PMH880S DSP Card

I have a Behringer PMH880S that requires the little DSP card.
    Any chance that anyone knows where something like this could be found?
    Anyone have a 'used' one?
    I tried Dbm pro audio & Brian Hendrix.
    No stock.

Do you have the dead one? WHich card is it? I might.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Behringer Q05-56800-10139 DPX-V digital effects PCBA for SL2442FX-Pro, SL3242FX-Pro, PMH5000 and PMH880S mixers.
      (From Brian Hendrix Sound web site)Click image for larger version

Name:	PCB_Behr_DPXV.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	2.8 KB
ID:	830012

Comment

I just might, I'll look.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

It is a stereo card , so there are two cool audio a/d ic's.
          The main microprocessor & the a/d's are on the front.(with four other ic's)
          On the back there is a crystal.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
            I just might, I'll look.
            Enzo, have you had any luck (or time) finding a DSP card?

Comment

I am still looking, I have a dead 1280 in the warehouse that should use the same card and a dead PMH5000, but I pulled the cards and stored them someplace where they'd be convenient, but of course can;t recall where. I had one in my hand last week, I have the memory of setting it down, but fuzzy on where. I have been digging through the piles of stuff on my desk I have been meaning to sort off and on this evening. You are as good a reason as any to take care of that shop chore. I have not given up. I have some other cards that you don;t need.

Comment

Got it.

PM me your mailing address. I believe it to be working but I have no way to verify that here. I'll mail it off, and you tell me.

Comment

Done.
                  I wonder what the engineers where thinking (smoking?) when they came up with the cabinet design.
                  These style mixers are an absolute nightmare to get apart.

Comment

Amen brother.

And handled. watch the mail.

Comment

Behringer PMH880S

Alright,......I give,......How the he!! do you get this thing apart? I've got 5 of these in the shop that I was saving for a slow day. Well, that day has come and I'm not liking it much so far. Got power supplies rebuilt and working on two of them and now I have amp problems. How do I get the power amp module out?

I have another one with a connection problem on the front panel/mixer. Can't get that out either. It seems, unlike powered mixers that are designed with some common sense, that the front/mixer section is somehow attached to the rear/ power section. How are they separated?

HAPPY MONDAY!
                      "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Dude, I have been taking things apart for well over 50 years. I have been building amplifiers over 50 years. I have been running a pro audio repair shop for almost 30 years. Powered mixers are exactly the sort of thing I work on for a living.

I have NO IDEA how to get those things apart. Every time I see one, I wind up removing the panel front, then somehow I wedge the chassis box out far enough to remove the side screws and if I recall a ground wire or two under one of the screws. To get there, I wind up prying with a screwdriver to flex the plastic cab enough to clear the screw heads. I am naive enough to think each time that once it is apart, I will see how I SHOULD have done it, but NO, no such luck. I hate the damned things.

Comment

Although I feel less stupid for not being able to figure this out, that's not the news I was hoping for. I was hoping I just missed some clips, set of screws, or something. Now, I'm in the middle of the lake. Swim to the other side and risk not making it, or turn around and go back and lose my butt. Either way, these things are proving to be not worth the effort to fix, largley due to their replacement cost. I'll never be able to recoup the time I've spent on these and I'm not even done yet!

I'm already making the sign, which will be up by tomorrow. "WE DO NOT REPAIR BEHRINGER POWERED MIXERS".
                          "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

I had a similar PMH660.

Curse the designer of that chassis.

I never did get the smps to work on the power amp.

Turned it into a dedicated mixer.

Comment

bumping up, i have one of these and it has a short or something and i need help in getting it apart. thanks in advance for you help

Comment

Working...
                              X