X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update on Mojo Parts.
    Per David Shepherd, mojo manager.
    Mojo is in process of getting some improved blades for their blade bobbins.
    For the Strat rail type bobbin, they are going to offer a plated blade with improved curve.
    The blade have a larger more gradual radius, in the 15-20 inch range.
    The plated blades will stop the rusting that plagues plain steel blades.
    I requested a Strat Blade Bobbin in vintage white.
    A vintage white bobbin would go with all light colored and tortoise pickguards.
    The Black bobbin IMO is a show stopper for Light colored pick guards.
    T
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

Comment

The improved thicker PAF type Keeper project fell through do to price hikes.
      The Vintage white strat, and tele mini blade bobbins may happen by spring.
      Metal Strat Covers are being considered.
      T
      "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
      Terry

Comment

When I got interested in winding I was focused on building a winder and seeing if it was something I could handle.
        Later I found out that getting materials was an issue.

I wind mostly single coils (as a hobby) and it's turned out that Tone-Kraft is what works for me. Not one complaint from me about them and I sure can't say that
        about other places I've tried to get parts from.

I hope they continue to grow and if they do they'll probably become the goto vendor IMO.

I haven't bought anything from them since they started engraving but looking forward to that.

Comment

Tone-Craft makes some nice looking stuff.
          Here's there web site if you want to try them.
          http://www.tone-kraft.com/
          I guess you can only buy them in sets. Looks like a Single Coils is all they sell.
          I deal with Mojo, they seem to have what I need, all at one stop shopping.
          T
          Terry

Comment

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
            Tone-Craft makes some nice looking stuff.
            Here's there web site if you want to try them.
            http://www.tone-kraft.com/
            I guess you can only buy them in sets. Looks like a Single Coils is all they sell.
            I deal with Mojo, they seem to have what I need, all at one stop shopping.
            T
            Very nice stuff indeed.
            I noticed you edited out "expensive"....not only can I get 3 at TK for the price of 2 at Mojo they come in a nice box to ship them in. Love the flatwork color selection and the selection choices for specifics such as magnetized or not, etc.
            At Mojo- "Sorry no substitutions for different parts"
            At Tone-Kraft - "Choose Options".

As I previously stated they are growing and hope they not only include HB parts but tube kits too. Time will tell.

I'm not affiliated with them- just the best I've found for single-coil parts.
            Last edited by Justwannano; 01-21-2015, 04:16 PM.

Comment

I'm not affiliated with Mojo or anyone either.
              Dealer discounts are available, that makes pickup parts more affordable!
              If you have a business website, you may qualify!
              Same with WDBIZ, and some other Parts Companies, like ADFX, and MagneticHold magnets.
              T
              Last edited by big_teee; 01-22-2015, 05:57 AM.
              Terry

Comment

If you wonder where all these unusual Humbucker covers and baseplates are coming from?
                Here is one source you may want to bookmark.
                Covers
                Pickup Covers
                Baseplates
                Philadelphia Luthier Tools & Supplies, LLC - Search Results for "baseplates"
                All kinds of neat wide range parts, filtertron, firebird, minibucker, center hole covers, matching baseplates, & etc.
                Also Metal Thunderbird bass covers, like Lollar and some use.
                Also, prices are not that bad, for hard to find parts.
                Check them out!
                T
                Last edited by big_teee; 02-28-2015, 03:13 PM.
                Terry

Comment

Too bad they don't offer dealer pricing. I've asked
                  "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

Originally posted by copperheadroads View Post
                    Too bad they don't offer dealer pricing. I've asked
                    Sometimes for rare parts you have to pay the price.
                    Just mark the pickup price up accordingly for hard to find parts.
                    At least some of this hard to find stuff is getting more available.
                    Maybe Some of the other suppliers will catch on!
                    T
                    Terry

Comment

I emailed Philadelphia Luthier a couple of times, one about Dealer discounts.
                      Like Copper said, They have none and said they had low mark up as it is?
                      I also asked if the Thunderbird bass covers could be made in a deeper cover model?
                      Because the total cover height is only 15/32" tall.
                      Which leaves too little room to build much of anything in the cover, like a sidewinder bass pickup.
                      I asked if they could stock deep bobbins to fit the Filtertron covers, and about bobbins to fit the bigger Wide Range guitar pickup baseplates and covers?
                      I got No's on all of it!
                      So if you were wondering about any of those things, I have no solutions to any of it!
                      GL,
                      T
                      Terry

Comment

So where is the best place to buy the small eyelets used on pickups?
                        I'm trying to come up with some alternatives instead of just purchasing from one place all the time.
                        Terry

Comment

Philadelphia Luthier Tools & Supplies Guitar building tools and parts - they dont offer pricees for retailers it is a pity.
                          We provide [URL="http://www.lucidsamples.com"]sample packs[/URL] for djs

Comment

What I have been doing is getting my rod magnets from Tone-Kraft for a great bulk price. $2.70 for a set of 6 rod magnets if you buy 5 sets or more. It's much better than the 6 bucks a set everyone else seems to want. I get my flat work from Addictionfx in sets of 24 for $36... that's 66 cents per set of flat work plus $2.70 for the magnets... a little over 3 bucks a completed bobbin... it blows stewmac out of the water. Tone-kraft is a seriously great company with great customer service. I ordered some rod magnets from them and said I wanted them pre charged north up because I did not have a way to charge them at the time... They arrived and weren't charged. Emailed them about it and immediately sent me a Stanley vice fixed with magnets to charge mine. They even shipped it next day so I got it a day later... I am not affiliated with them at all I am just an extremely satisfied customer.

Comment

Originally posted by firebirdguy1972 View Post
                              What I have been doing is getting my rod magnets from Tone-Kraft for a great bulk price. $2.70 for a set of 6 rod magnets if you buy 5 sets or more. It's much better than the 6 bucks a set everyone else seems to want. I get my flat work from Addictionfx in sets of 24 for $36... that's 66 cents per set of flat work plus $2.70 for the magnets... a little over 3 bucks a completed bobbin... it blows stewmac out of the water. Tone-kraft is a seriously great company with great customer service. I ordered some rod magnets from them and said I wanted them pre charged north up because I did not have a way to charge them at the time... They arrived and weren't charged. Emailed them about it and immediately sent me a Stanley vice fixed with magnets to charge mine. They even shipped it next day so I got it a day later... I am not affiliated with them at all I am just an extremely satisfied customer.
                              I couldn't agree more about Tone-Kraft. I recently got different sets for Strat style that they had engraved. Fantastic. They didn't charge set-up either. All I had to do was let them know what I wanted.
                              I got an email from them because I had the order holding in my cart. I replied I was holding it because I wasn't sure how to place the order requesting the engraving...they advised me to place the order and it would be done. It was done immediately and they didn't charge me for the engraving. I guess because they thought the ordering method may need improving...I don't know. But sure glad they're there and hoping they continue to grow.

Comment

That's great if all you are talking about in flatwork is Strat Pickups.
                                There are many more types of pickups that use forbon flatwork that ADFX doesn't have.
                                So ADFX is only an economical fix for Strats, nothing else, when it comes to Flatwork!
                                On Tone Kraft, if you have to buy a 3 strat pickup set for $30 a whack, that don't seem to be any kind of a bargain either?
                                The best I can tell the Tone Kraft stuff is already assembled, which is fine if the spacing between the flats they use, if the magnet length, and stagger they use suits you?
                                Just Saying, We need more options!

T
                                Last edited by big_teee; 03-19-2015, 05:27 PM.
                                Terry

Comment

Working...
                                X