This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bodean View Post
    Does anyone have a name of a bulk supplier for 52mm single coil strat pickup covers?
    Thanks
    What kind of quantity are you looking for? We supply lots of brands in the industry with their strat covers.

Comment

• Sent you a pm. I think. Hopefully not went through. Still figuring out this format.

Comment

• A lot of the part suppliers are listed here.
        https://music-electronics-forum.com/...ad.php?t=30228
        T
        "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
        Terry

Comment

• Originally posted by SonnyW View Post
          ...The other problem would be in getting some that is thick enough, most of what is available is in pretty thin sheets or strips. I have tried to re-magnetize some of the multipole strips from a magnetic tool holder strip....
          I’ve been wondering about the magnet strip material inside the door seals of refrigerators. But I guess it would be a lot like the tool strip holder, but weaker. I don’t know hardly anything about this stuff. I am itching to try to make some pickups and I get a kick out of repurposing old scrap junk.

Comment

• Curious, why no one makes a Wide Range Humbucker Pickup kit.
            I see kits for a lot of others, including a filtertron kit, but no wide range?
            If anyone knows of a wide range kit, please list it here.
            Thanks,
            Mod-T
            "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
            Terry

Comment

• Originally posted by big_teee View Post
              Curious, why no one makes a Wide Range Humbucker Pickup kit.
              I see kits for a lot of others, including a filtertron kit, but no wide range?
              If anyone knows of a wide range kit, please list it here.
              Thanks,
              Mod-T
              Axesrus (UK) make a "modern" one with a bar magnet setup rather than the CuNiFe rods: https://www.axesrus.co.uk/Modern-Wid...hbpartskit.htm
              I haven't seen any vintage/period correct ones yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tibernius View Post
                Axesrus (UK) make a "modern" one with a bar magnet setup rather than the CuNiFe rods: https://www.axesrus.co.uk/Modern-Wid...hbpartskit.htm
                I haven't seen any vintage/period correct ones yet.
                Thanks for the Heads up!
                Great looking kit, and I would rather have it like it is, with the Alnico magnets.
                Too bad it is out of stock, and in the UK across the big pond!
                The price really not too bad for all the vintage looking parts. Prices From: £31.44 Inc VAT
                Great Pictures of the widerange parts and assembly!
                T

Last edited by big_teee; 05-16-2020, 05:32 PM.
                Terry

Comment

• It's based on the Reissue/faux WideRange pickup . so discard the slugs & the bar magnet besides that ,these parts look good if they are not brass .& no steel reflector plate that No one sells (but it is east to make yourself) . but the the Threaded magnets (which you need 12 per pickup ) each one cost so much a humbucker bar magnet . that & the WR pickup being a Niche product . that's why you don't see kits . this should of been in a smaller footprint PAF sized pickup ,It would of been a way more popular guitar model , especially in today's market .
                  Last edited by copperheadroads; 05-17-2020, 04:38 AM.
                  "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

• I think it is a cool looking pickup.
                    The threaded slugs and bar magnets would still sound good with that vintage look.
                    Plus with bar magnets, you can put whatever type magnet you want, in it!

T
                    Terry

Comment

• I have a friend looking for narrow humbucker bobbin 1-13-16 inch or 46.05mm, string spacing.
                      To go in the neck of his old jazz guitar.
                      Some of the older gibsons used these?
                      Does anyone know of a source?
                      Thanks,
                      T
                      Last edited by big_teee; 11-29-2021, 07:20 PM.
                      Terry

Comment

• Originally posted by big_teee View Post
                        A lot of the part suppliers are listed here.
                        https://music-electronics-forum.com/...ad.php?t=30228
                        T
                        This Price list is from HSMagnet, and can buy on the website, over $60 free shipping
                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                        X