No announcement yet.

Eds 1275 copy has whacky wiring!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With a dual input system you COULD run two cords (cumbersome, but not un-do-able). Set up each as you like and use an A/B box. If the dual cord is a "won't" you could use a single stereo plug and build a custom A/B box. You'd have to deal with the odd gear for that specific guitar. NBD. But then, it's already wired with TWO PLUGS! Use them.?.
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Chuck - good suggestion. I use two separate amplifiers EQ'd for each specific neck. However, it seems to me that adding a simple switch between the two inputs would be faster to switch, on songs like Tesla's Love Song and Hotel California....

Comment

Along the same line as two separate amps, you can still run two separate effects chains with two cords and an A/B box.

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?

Comment

The main amp is a DSL40C and the 12 goes through a VS265, which has onboard chorus. Other than DD3 delay and NS2 noise gate, effects are minimal...

So, if you were to instal a switch in this pickguard, that allowed one to switch between the 6 and 12 string necks without a middle (both necks at once) position, where would be the best place to tap in, taking into consideration the desire to minimize the noise of adding long sections of wire from the "hot" inputs???

I have, at times, used shielded wiring, pirated from a automobile crankshaft position sensor harness, in an effort to keep noise at bay.

This guitar is dead quiet at full gain and nearly full volume...I hope to preserve that attribute....

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck H View Post
            Along the same line as two separate amps, you can still run two separate effects chains with two cords and an A/B box.
            Where would you suggest tapping into the harness to add a neck selector switch????

Comment

You actually don't need one. With independent jacks and one or two A/B switches you have a lot of options. The A/B switches can be used as ON/Off switches if only one output is used. If you wanted to run a single cord you could wire one jack up trick and use a stereo cable with a Y splitter to dual mono at the first A/B switch. Effects on any line in the arrangements are optional of course.
              Attached Files

Comment

BRILLIANT!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X