Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5f8a build, First post, grounding question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5f8a build, First post, grounding question.

Hi, First post, so be gentle!

I am about to start a 5F8A high power tweed twin build, and have a couple of questions regarding the grounding of the 4 caps mounted in the dog house.

Is one common ground wire acceptable for all 4 capacitors? and should it go direct to the chassis ground, along with the mains transformer HT and heater ct ground? or should the caps be grounded at the pot bus?

Or, is it better to ground the first pair of parallel caps to the mains transformer chassis ground, and run a second wire from the remaining pair of caps to the pot bus?

How was it done in the original HP twin?

Thanks.

No one know how the originals were done????????????

????????????????????????????????????

LOL, Oh well,,,,,,,,,,never mind! guess i shall ground the mains direct to chassis as in my JTM45/100 build.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0169.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	397.7 KB
ID:	830905

Bye bye!
    Last edited by velvetsunrise; 09-07-2013, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Bring the negative leads of the first main filter cap and the screen node filter cap... out to the same spot the high voltage secondary center tap lead is grounded. Usually the red/yellow wire.
      Ground the last filter cap in the string, which should be the filtered node for the first preamp stage, right over to where the cathodes of the first preamp tube is grounded through it's biasing resistor....close to the input jacks.

Also... don't be such a demanding, cry baby, sour puss because someone didn't answer you within moments or hours... just saying... relax man.
      Bruce

Mission Amps
      Denver, CO. 80022
      www.missionamps.com
      303-955-2412

Comment

Thanks Bruce

Comment

Working...
        X