Crate PA-B8350 Mains fuse size or schematic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crate PA-B8350 Mains fuse size or schematic

Aloha everyone i was wondering if anyone knows the correct mains fuse size for a 90's Crate PA B8350 Powered PA It came in without a mains fuse and circuit board does not indicate what size it should be I need to check the Bridge rec.. and the speaker mains out device that the speakers run through, sorry I dont know what it is called.. It is not here at my home ... It belongs to a church and has been blowing fuses only they dont remember what size it was LOL.... I cant find a schemo out there so i thought Id ask,, see if anyone knows or is familiar with this unit.... Thanks guys Peace BTW the 2,, 250ma fuses are fine

Is the size of fuse not printed on the rear panel near the power cord?

If you contact Loud Technologies, they should send the schematic.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Crate PA-B6350 Schematic

The main fuse is listed as 6 amps.
      Is the fuse blowing under full power or at turn on?
      That 6 amp rating is for full power.
      A 1 or 2 amp should be fine for testing at low level.
      Attached Files

Comment

Wow Thanks Jazz.. Enzo I did not see the fuse size by the power cord, I did look, nor was it printed on the circuit board The fuse is inside, no rear panel fuse on this. Jazz I do not know what is going on with it yet. It is not on my bench I had to go look at it for them I had enough time to open it up and have a quick look before the guy had to go. So I really did not test anything just looked it over for obvious problems... No fuse was in it and nothing looked burned or ugly . Thanks for the info I wont get to look at it again till next Tuesday.. I need to check the rectifier and it has what looks like some type of speaker protection device, looks like a small driver transistor that the main speaker outs are running through to the jacks. Thank you guys Im going to have a look at these pdf's Jazz.. What I was told is as soon as they power it on it blows the fuse..... Thank you again

Comment

Hopefully it is the bridge rectifier.
          Check it for shorts.
          Blowing the fuse at power up indicates a severe current draw.
          The output transistors banks should also be checked for shorts.
          The only 'speaker protection' that I see on the schematic is a thermal switch.

Comment

Working...
          X